Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tripped across this video and wanted to share it. (Not sure if this has been posted before) I was surprised they featured a Frosty like mine. It really helps describe the new gen’s advancements, that I can attest to, make it quite the car to drive. I’ve had so many guys ask me how the two generations of V’s compare? Which do I like to drive more? The truth is, both have certain qualities for a different type of enjoyment and I enjoy both. The V3 is certainly the next gen of advancement though, and you can tell when driving... Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
Couple of mistakes, but very interesting.

I can now see where some of that jump in price comes from. The stiffening pieces and steering joints are really nice.

I would have preferred a DCT, but then again, I like to feel the shifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Agree on the increased cost and the DCT. I also don’t buy some of the justification, the trans choice, the lack of awd being all about weight. Interesting watch though and definitely informative for a non V3 owner here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Watched it again, really good, not to salesy just the facts. rare breed this guy an automotive engineer that has marketing skills. Give that man a cigar.

Would like some better details, like how much downforce and what what speed(s) is it created. The diff is electronic and cooled, nice. Air flow above and below, check. Wonder what maintenance will be like after 4-5 years?

If I could strip the shit out of it and make it a track car, yummy.

How has the V3 been reliability wise for the ATS-V ad the CTS-V? My gen 2 was rock fucking solid. This car has mucho shit that can go wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts