Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we're into spring now and the hot days of summer are right around the corner. The meets, car shows, races etc are in full swing by now so it's time to think about putting a V Power/Sleeper hood on and/or a carbon aero kit! They're made in the USA and quality is top notch. We have a couple hundred of these out there over the past 3 years from Canada to Qatar! They're on the quickest V's and I'm always seeing our hoods in shots on social media networks. Sometimes, I have to figure out who's car it is since I'm not able to keep up on all of them now. I'm honored, I really am! :)

Enough already right? OK, so the GRAND PRIZE DRAWING will depend on the # of sales, but I'll at least have a drawing for anyone spending $1,000 on aero products. For example buying a splitter/rocker, splitter/wing, rocker/wing or a hood will get you in!
1. The drawing will start off with at least with the winner getting their choice of a splitter, rocker blades, or wing.
2. If we get 10 entries, I'll draw for a fiberglass hood.
3. If we get 15 entries, I'll draw for a CF splitter/rocker kit.
3. If we get 20 entries I'll draw for a half carbon hood!

BEAT THE HEAT SPRING SALE!!

Pricing below.

The design
This hood was designed to keep the stock CTS lines unlike the rest on the market and also drastically improve air flow out of the engine bay to expel the massive amounts of heat the blower makes under boost. This is achieved through a large cowl induction vent along the back of the hood plus optional heat extractor vents on the sides of the cowl. It will also allow you to pack the big gun blower under there as well! I designed the hood in consulting 5Axis and the production renderings were firmed up and the after discussing production with a few manufacturers, I went with one that's been in business for decades in California and in searching I couldn't find any complaints about quality or durability and the top dog liked my design and project.

The results
I couldn't be happier with the results! Engine temps have been about 5-8* cooler under extreme driving conditions and the IAT1s and 2s drop down after being under heavy boost. While at low speeds, the cowl allows the heat to rise out of the back of the hood above the blower. Under faster speeds, this becomes a high pressure area forcing ambient air into the engine bay at the back. Also the optional heat extractor vents allow hot air to be drawn out of the bay at any speed or sitting still. You can see and feel the heat pouring out of these vents even after the car is shut off and the radiator fans aren't pushing air. You won't be able to hold your hand over the vents very long!

Options
V Power hood (with extractor vents)
1. Fiberglass outer and inner - gel coat, ready to prep and paint
2. Carbon Fiber outer and Fiberglass inner - CF can be left exposed or custom painted
3. Fiberglass outer and Carbon Fiber inner - gel coat requires paint outside and CF inner for show and can be seen in cowl from inside the car
4. Carbon Fiber inner and outer

V Sleeper hood (no vents)
1. Fiberglass outer and inner - gel coat requires paint
2. Carbon Fiber outer and Fiberglass inner - CF can be left exposed or custom painted
3. Fiberglass outer and Carbon Fiber inner - gel coat requires paint outside and CF inner for show and can be seen in cowl from inside the car
4. Carbon Fiber inner and outer

Let me know if you have any questions

weaponX V Aero Kit
Coupe

Sedan also with V Power hood

Sedan

V Power
Crystal Red Metallic

V Sleeper

CF outer/FG inner on Black Diamond Coupe!
Keith's

From Qatar!

and reverse! FG outer/CF inner on the the first TG Sedan!

Silver with exposed carbon

White Diamond with exposed carbon

Black Diamond wagon with exposed carbon

Wild matte wrap V Power

Silver sedan

White diamond coupe with exposed carbon

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
No pictures of hood on a blue wagon.:confused:

·
still hanging around
4,233 Posts
WTF, racing is in full swing??? No one told me!!!

I'll get you some better shots of the hood when the car is finally out. And bug Troy for some decent pics of his car...he actually has some really good ones now with the 21s.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Reactions: Red Baron

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Now I KNOW you have a few pics of an OBM wagon with vents around somewhere...

Reactions: Red Baron

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah! Another hood thread!

You know my position on said hood.

-Mike
you should be thankful, that hood is the only reason people thing your car is fast lol

·
Flames R Us
921 Posts
you should be thankful, that hood is the only reason people thing your car is fast lol
Yeah yeah.

Alright, I'll give it a compliment. The hood stood up to a beating when I shredded a supercharger belt. The marks are still on the paint on the underside, but the hood didn't crack or really get damaged. It's pretty damn durable.

That's all I got.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Couple questions want to get in some carbon. The hood with the extractor vents. Do they have rain trays or no? If so are they removable?

CF Spoiler does that fit the coupe?

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now I KNOW you have a few pics of an OBM wagon with vents around somewhere...
I do, the joys have switching over to a new mac and getting all of the data off of the old pc and organizing it has been daunting.

I think im game for option #3 for the splitter and rocker blades for $1300.
we have #1, you have a PM :)

Yeah yeah.

Alright, I'll give it a compliment. The hood stood up to a beating when I shredded a supercharger belt. The marks are still on the paint on the underside, but the hood didn't crack or really get damaged. It's pretty damn durable.

That's all I got.
that is a compliment indeed coming from you lol ;)

Couple questions want to get in some carbon. The hood with the extractor vents. Do they have rain trays or no? If so are they removable?

CF Spoiler does that fit the coupe?
Hood has drip trays yes, most have the trays cut open in the center for the heat extraction. The edges still catch a lot of the runoff, but the vents are directly on each side of the strut bar and there's nothing to worry about over the wheel well there whether you have the engine dressing panels on or off. There are many reviews on here talking about the car sitting outside and no issues with water.

I can get a CF coupe spoiler for you, checking lead time now.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts