Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out Sunday night to have some fun at a meet and got walked on by a 650hp GTR from 30-140. I believe he is running something similar to an Alpha 6 package plus some other bits. By 140 he put at least 5 lenghts on me. Now back to the drawing board to optimize my setup. I do believe there is a bit left on my tune and the car is not running where it should. To get things started I plan on getting HP Tuners to log and tweak, Centerforce Clutch (felt slipping), and Drag Radials. I could not take off in first gear or slam on it due to traction though im not sure that would have helped much after seeing how he pulled.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I betcha a 100 shot will make sushi out him!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
650 hp and all wheel drive nothing to sneeze at. You would need traction, and everything working top notch to stand a chance. Imagine the coin that was spent to get that car modded, bet it's a lot more than modding a V.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am assuming he has some good $$ spent. Now I need some modding advice . Budget is 3K including HP tuners and drag radials lol. Which leaves me with about $1500. By that point I probably would need a clutch. Thinking maybe I can figure out a way to squeeze in a NORCAL box and 10" lower in there.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
200 shot will take care of him.
Well I am overseas so Nitrous is off the table. I could barely get my 9.55 tune done right. Almost blew my engine when they decided not to use the ID850 data that I gave them. Most tuners don't have a clue on LS engines here unless you pay 6X the amount you would in the states which I refuse to. So I have to stick to remote tuning for the moment. Can't go too crazy with those restrictions I guess.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
what power did you dyno at? you should have been close to him with those mods. I am guessing shifting is really hurting you

·
Registered
257 Posts
The V's are so much heavier than the gtr's. Spray or bigger blower is easy way to win.

An Alpha 6 GTR made 650 whp? On what dyno? That's really impressive. Do you happen to know his complete mod list? 650 whp seems high to me.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Availability, Tune. Fueling as well. Race gas is almost 18 pounds a gallon. 18 X $1.63 = $29.34 for a damn gallon of race gas no thanks.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He claims 650 HP but beat a 650 hp packaged GTR. I think he may be putting down 580-90 at the wheels. I dynoed 592 at the wheels on a dyno dynamics which is the heart breaker. I'm not a pro in between gears but no slouch either. Here is a video of me going through the gears. Didn't even bother no-lift shift as I was just goofing around. I'm sure I'm no match to his shifting though and I'm aware I need quite a bit more power even with an auto to keep up. I'm just wondering HOW much of a difference should it make.

·
Super Moderator
4,576 Posts
Do a roll next time. Your car being a stick shift will do a lot better from a roll

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a 30 roll. I would normally go in first but no traction there so had to start from 2nd on a 30 roll. Out of the powerband to begin with.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You need to do some data logging to see if something is going on with your tune, seems like it should have been little closer with your mods

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^exactly what I was thinking. Should have been a closer race but who knows. I can only wish lol

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
I went up against a GTR from 45-130mph and he had me by about one and half car lengths when he shut it down. I never got to talk to the guy to see what he had in mods, I know he had exhaust. Those things are fast. I would double check your tune as you don't sound to confident in the way your car is running. Also as mention above a 100shot would close that gap real fast.

·
Registered
393 Posts
He claims 650 HP but beat a 650 hp packaged GTR. I think he may be putting down 580-90 at the wheels. I dynoed 592 at the wheels on a dyno dynamics which is the heart breaker. I'm not a pro in between gears but no slouch either. Here is a video of me going through the gears. Didn't even bother no-lift shift as I was just goofing around. I'm sure I'm no match to his shifting though and I'm aware I need quite a bit more power even with an auto to keep up. I'm just wondering HOW much of a difference should it make.
I wouldn't even feel bad about the shifting. No human can shift as fast as that dual clutch system in those GT-R's. I was actually in the market for one when I was looking for the right combination of a car over all but decided to go with the V. :)

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I wouldn't even feel bad about the shifting. No human can shift as fast as that dual clutch system in those GT-R's. I was actually in the market for one when I was looking for the right combination of a car over all but decided to go with the V. :)
GTR has no soul, go play playstation if you want to feel like its like driving a gtr :)

Id think a 100 shot would take care of him if you really are that concerned with it....but you would probably need a clutch to hold that, ive heard these clutches cant hold much more than 650 rwhp

Or you could throw a 2.5 upper on there, that would bump your boost way up...with your setup now you're barely spinning it any faster than a 2.5 upper/ stock lower setup which is pretty mild.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
10 inch lower is on the way :). I was at 14.49 psi with this combo at sea level with Very good air. This will probably bump me up to 16. Drag radials will also help me when starting from a low roll cuz I stood no chance when I could not get on it due to traction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts