Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my otherwise blemish free Black Diamond Tricoat V got backed into tonight. Thankfully the guy was honest and found me, and there's no dent (rear bumper) but looks to be a lot of scrape/paint transfer. I took it home, washed it a few times, hit it with bug and tar remover and then washed again a few times then quick waxed it but it looks like there's still several dull/scraped areas with a possibility of 2 areas that may have gone through the paint :( I won't know until morning when I can see better but any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. The guy was nice but I'm sick, I've taken great lengths to ensure nothing happened and now this. Not sure if a detailer can correct it or God forbid if the bumper needs a removal and respray, which cost aside, I've read horror stories about matching the black diamond tricoat to the rest of the car. HELP!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like a total respray.... fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a proper match. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
At least the guy stepped up, so far.

Reactions: Wrecked Em

·
Registered
686 Posts
Had a friend of mine that was hit at a mall. His driver side was scraped, he looked around and found the car with his paint on their bumper. He kicked both sides mirrors off of it and also dented the drivers door.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Questionable karma but gangster none the less. Really struggling with touch up vs full respray. Touch up won't be seamless (obviously) but a respray could open up a whole can of worms if it doesn't match correctly. Ugh.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got rear ended in a parking deck by a lady who was drunk off her ass after a concert earlier this year. I had to have the rear bumper cover replaced as well as the carbon fiber insert. My V is the Blue Diamond Tricoat and I was very nervous (especially since my normal body guy has gotten out of the business). However, we have a very good body shop at one of the Chevrolet dealerships in Greensboro (had taken our Suburban there after I hit a deer last year) and I’ve been extremely pleased with how it came out. You honestly can’t tell it was redone. Hopefully that makes you feel better. I know black can be a different animal but in my experience they’ve come a long way in getting paint to match up versus in the past.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does, thank you. I'm considering having the bumper touched up by a pro, then detailed/buffed/etc to see how to looks and worst case, respray immediately after. Will cost more but might avoid a potential pandora's box. Your story does help a bit though so thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts