Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, our performance shop has been in business since 2005, and we have generally done very well with word of mouth advertisement. Like all small businesses, we are looking to expand and grow our business. We have a few questions we would be interested in hearing your responses to, in order to help us, and yourself as a customer out!

What are you guys most interested in a performance shop to provide for you?

Are you looking for pre-made, run of the mill performance packages, or a custom tailored setup for your car?

What drives you most to come to a particular performance shop?

What type of parts sales or specials are you most interested in? We are looking to run some specials, but want to be sure we are offering what most of you would be looking for!

If you could help us out by answering those few questions we would really appreciate it. It will help us better our business, and help better serve you, our customers!

Thanks in advance guys!

Zach

·
Super Moderator
21,167 Posts
If I can suggest, tuning is the key.
Provide parts at very modest makeup, perhaps list price if you can get a standard resale discount, use a proper labor rate to install the parts, and add your tuning charge.
Base your labor rate on how long it takes to get the parts installed.

Good work at a reasonable price, with a very good running and performing car, will get the word out.
Also, don't underestimate the customer's experience in how he perceives the communication and whole process.

Hit people with a 'Cadillac' tax and you will get a bad rep.

Remember, most here tend to have more money and education than perhaps other platforms you are used to dealing with...maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We have the tuning deal covered. That is not an issue at all. We charge by the hour, what it takes to install the parts currently, not just by the "job".

We do our best to treat every customer as how we would like to be treated. Honest and to the point. We are a tight group around here and are very hands on with each customer. We also do our best to keep customers in the loop during their build.

I really appreciate your input. We have posted these questions on a few other fourms too, just to see how everyone responds.

Thanks again!

Zach

If I can suggest, tuning is the key.
Provide parts at very modest makeup, perhaps list price if you can get a standard resale discount, use a proper labor rate to install the parts, and add your tuning charge.
Base your labor rate on how long it takes to get the parts installed.

Good work at a reasonable price, with a very good running and performing car, will get the word out.
Also, don't underestimate the customer's experience in how he perceives the communication and whole process.

Hit people with a 'Cadillac' tax and you will get a bad rep.

Remember, most here tend to have more money and education than perhaps other platforms you are used to dealing with...maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
What Karch said is a good start.
So, our performance shop has been in business since 2005, and we have generally done very well with word of mouth advertisement. Like all small businesses, we are looking to expand and grow our business. We have a few questions we would be interested in hearing your responses to, in order to help us, and yourself as a customer out!

What are you guys most interested in a performance shop to provide for you? Excellent Results!

Are you looking for pre-made, run of the mill performance packages, or a custom tailored setup for your car? Pre-made packages with dyno and track times would be nice.

What drives you most to come to a particular performance shop? Reputation, comments and feedback from previous / current customers

What type of parts sales or specials are you most interested in? We are looking to run some specials, but want to be sure we are offering what most of you would be looking for! Labor could be the special i.e. 1/2 price tune with package purchase. I would add to your list of questions a dyno day or car show

If you could help us out by answering those few questions we would really appreciate it. It will help us better our business, and help better serve you, our customers!

Thanks in advance guys!

Zach

·
A D M I N
1,621 Posts
What are you guys most interested in a performance shop to provide for you?
Exceptional Customer Service, provide knowledge, good tuning, warranty.

Are you looking for pre-made, run of the mill performance packages, or a custom tailored setup for your car?
For me, I prefer packages as well as options on parts for the packages...

What drives you most to come to a particular performance shop?
Reputation/Customer Service/Warranty/ time

What type of parts sales or specials are you most interested in? We are looking to run some specials, but want to be sure we are offering what most of you would be looking for!
Most people, I think, would be interested in intake/exhaust/pulley setup sales to get them going if they are stock..

This is the best way to complete business. If you dont know/care for what your customers want, then you're just "another shop"... Props for asking...

·
Super Moderator
21,167 Posts
Injectors are huge. Don't send a customer out with 90% IDC. If he is at that or higher, and won't pony up for injectors, you need to turn away that customer, as a blown motor will kill your reputation, IMO.

·
A D M I N
1,621 Posts
Injectors are huge. Don't send a customer out with 90% IDC. If he is at that or higher, and won't pony up for injectors, you need to turn away that customer, as a blown motor will kill your reputation, IMO.

amen to that.... I would rather hear a shop say "no" than "sure"..... that's how you gain trust.... We spent double on my wifes "cosmetic" surgery because we chose the doctor who said "no".... yes, different ballpark but same concept...

As you said, a blown engine, regardless of the real problem at hand, will easily get the fingers pointed at the shop rather than the customer who wasnt willing to spend an extra few dollars.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated and will be noted.

To address a few comments about warranty- We warranty any work we perform on any vehicle from any issue we would have caused with the installation as long as you own the car. If another manufactures part fails however, that is up the manufacture of the parts on whatever their warranty policy would be.

Thanks again!

Zach

1 - 8 of 8 Posts