Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

241 - 260 of 378 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
You stopped to take a leak? That’s what a Gatorade bottle is for.
It’s the way of road......piss jugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
How many bathroom breaks? I did a 1000 mile trip. Added about an hour total time, but wasn't a big deal. Very few ppl will drive that far in a single day tho.
To make it simple, I think EV’s refueling inefficiency accounts for a realistic 15% time penalty on road trips greater than 500 miles.

Plus isn’t rapid charging bad for the batteries?

So now If we shop used EV’s we have to worry about how many times it was charged by a supercharger??

And do not use the “FUD” in any responses.

Fair?

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
And look...let's be like we've always been here. Taking shots at someone's ride I don't recall ever being cool.
Yes, but your logic failed: Unavowed isn't an actual person. Therefore, I am not making fun of someone's brother's purple dildo car. Besides, Greg likes it when I tickle him with dildos while I sniff his hair from behind. It's... it's like when we used to joke with each other in the Old Days of the Forum.

I'm so good at this, I could be President!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Random President...has a ring.

Reactions: random84 and Jim

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Are you willing to sacrifice @ 15% additional driving time to consume no fossil fuels and emit no greenhouse gases?
A. Yes. I'm selfless and that is a small price to pay to make sure our kids and our kid's kids have clean air and water.
B. No. I'm a selfish prick and couldn't give a fuck about anyone other than myself.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
Are you willing to sacrifice @ 15% additional driving time to consume no fossil fuels and emit no greenhouse gases?
A. Yes. I'm selfless and that is a small price to pay to make sure our kids and our kid's kids have clean air and water.
B. No. I'm a selfish prick and couldn't give a fuck about anyone other than myself.
None of the above, I consider myself normal and prefer ICE.

Had a EV, I justified its use when gas was $4.00 a gallon and was a great car.

Prefer a truck to tow fun toys that my family uses together.

I guess if that makes me a selfish prick awesome.

All different kinds of selfish in this world. My kid will be fine. If green is what you need for your kids, I won’t judge you.

My take is green is bad, anti green is bad, brown is somewhere in the middle where it makes fiscal sense.

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
No free lunch.

Don’t think for a minute there are no fossil fuels being consumed at this point by any vehicle short of a bicycle, and even those had fossil fuels used to make them, and the tires, presumably.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
If buying an EV cleanses your guilt, by all means do it.

Just don’t jump on a private jet anytime soon ......... lol

I live guilt free driving and using ICE vehicles, boats, and my house powered by coal fired power plants.

No Regrets at all, no privilege compared to anyone else.

Ask Texas how green worked out for them.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
"consume no fossil fuels and emit no greenhouse gases"

False premises. Huge amounts of fossil fuels uesd to produce and found in the vehicle...foam in the seats, vinyl dash, tires, plastic wire insulation.

Since someone can "give a fuck" that people aren't lied to about where their money is going to.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I wasn't referring to the manufacturing process, though I'm sure there is plenty of data on that out there. I'm referring strictly to the end user.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
You don't have kids - so that only leaves option B...

Which is just as I suspected!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
Actually shocked California allows Tesla to paint cars. Extreme pollution even IF Tesla uses water Bourne paint.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I wasn't referring to the manufacturing process, though I'm sure there is plenty of data on that out there. I'm referring strictly to the end user.
Since all the power in my area...which we discussed before about the need for Nuclear power stations at concentrations of current gas stations..."greenhouse gases" are going to be emmited.

Also...there is the false premise that CO2 is bad.

Reactions: random84

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
The hypocrisy is high in this thread......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unless you’re charging the car using nuclear or hydro power plants for power that’s hardly green. Not to mention line others have said when building the car it is hardly green. Also the morons in Washington shoving this bullshit green agenda down our throats are the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever seen. They have the biggest carbon footprint over anyone. With their huge houses and private jets. He’ll even flying commercial has a huge carbon footprint. They are so full of shit. It’s all nonsense.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
emit no fumes, lol. common man by the time that charge enters the battery plenty of emissions have been emitted.

Spending money and or taxing people does dick for the environment.

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
The only supercharger set up near me is about 15 miles away in a meijer parking lot. It’s not the safest part of town.

I would think you would be a sitting duck for criminals. They know you are going to be locked in for 20 min......

Think of the average Tesla owner profile. Easy target?

Reactions: Savoy

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Unless you’re charging the car using nuclear or hydro power plants for power that’s hardly green. Not to mention line others have said when building the car it is hardly green. Also the morons in Washington shoving this bullshit green agenda down our throats are the biggest hypocrites I’ve ever seen. They have the biggest carbon footprint over anyone. With their huge houses and private jets. He’ll even flying commercial has a huge carbon footprint. They are so full of shit. It’s all nonsense.
Bill gates responded to a question like this on I think 60 minutes or chronicle last week. Says he simply pays money out of pocket on the order of tens of millions to offset his environmental impact, your average joe ain’t touching that.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The only supercharger set up near me is about 15 miles away in a meijer parking lot. It’s not the safest part of town.

I would think you would be a sitting duck for criminals. They know you are going to be locked in for 20 min......

Think of the average Tesla owner profile. Easy target?

Long term the 20 mins will be met, no clue how long from now. 80% of the charge is constant current (as high and for as long as possible!) the rest is voltage top off. That 270kw is about 10x the power used on a heavy duty inverter air conditioner system, if they want to scale to even faster times sub 20 imagine that would be possible with the right grid infrastructure.

The others examples on a smaller physical vehicle scale use interchangeable battery packs which takes only a couple minutes to pull from a public base station and swap yours out. Seems logic IMO.

241 - 260 of 378 Posts