Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While technically I haven't taken delivery of it yet, the new three motor powertrain should produce a low to mid 9s stock 4 door and a 7 minute Nurburgring time. Will be hard to pass that up...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,295 Posts
Looks way better than regular S. Sounds like a beast......well no sound technically, but you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,067 Posts
i think with the E offerings from other car manufactures they def needed to muscle that tesla up a bit

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
That looks Bad Ass ...

·
Super Moderator
17,295 Posts
The S is getting a little long in the tooth at 7 years old, so the taycan has the advantage in a more time appropriate styling.

The plaid looks a little bolted on, but much improved until such a time Tesla retools the gen 2 S.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
That front fender vent looks fantastic. I wish the rear flare wasn't so Mopar widebody (aka Bushwhacker, aka Liberty Walk) but if that allows for a 305 rear tire (or more) then so be it.

·
Super Moderator
17,295 Posts
Tri, can you lease an S for 2 years and wait for the plaid?

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The S is getting a little long in the tooth at 7 years old, so the taycan has the advantage in a more time appropriate styling.

The plaid looks a little bolted on, but much improved until such a time Tesla retools the gen 2 S.

Guessing these are bolt on kits for testing. Would expect a new stamping for production.

That said the Taycan is better styled IMO. But also $220k.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That front fender vent looks fantastic. I wish the rear flare wasn't so Mopar widebody (aka Bushwhacker, aka Liberty Walk) but if that allows for a 305 rear tire (or more) then so be it.
These are 325's out back I believe. Fronts 275 or 285 per people at the Ring.

Some said they saw them running the Goodyear Supercar 3R. Which comes in both 305 and 325 but people said 265/40/19 fronts and 325/30/19 rears are what is on the HRE wheels being used.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Interesting watching that video and only hearing the tires on edge and going over the rumble strips.

Wonder whats up with the blue one having the "extreme" rear diffuser and the red one not having that?

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting watching that video and only hearing the tires on edge and going over the rumble strips.

Wonder whats up with the blue one having the "extreme" rear diffuser and the red one not having that?
Just testing different aero specs would be my guess.

Word is 1100 lb-ft at the wheels at 0rpm. 900-1000hp for the Plaid powertrain.

Current two-motor is 750-800whp and 950 lb/ft.

Once you've tracked an EV you really realize how connected you feel to the tires. You can hear exactly which corner is losing grip or getting close. Very different than what we are used to.

I do lament the lack of engine sounds...but that's where we are.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
2,706 Posts

Once you've tracked an EV you really realize how connected you feel to the tires. You can hear exactly which corner is losing grip or getting close. Very different than what we are used to.

It might make 1000hp for a split second but not for a full run past maybe 60mph.

The P100D dynos are more like 570whp real world not 750-800.
Didn’t Tesla even get sued about over exaggerating the Power output?

The motors combines are probably capable of 1000hp if you add the peak ratings together but the inverters and definitely the batteries limit the actual power output.

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
As I understand it there is a motor between each set of wheels.
Curious on how you incorporate a 3rd?

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
It Has Three Motors
When the Model S first arrived all the way back in 2012, it had just a single motor powering the rear wheels. An all-wheel drive version with a motor for each axle arrived in 2014, and currently, it's the only configuration available for the Model S. Now, Tesla is upping the ante with a third motor. Elon Musk confirmed as much on (where else?) Twitter last month, but offered no further technical details.

What's the advantage of a third motor? Torque vectoring. The ability to control what wheels on opposites sides of the car are doing provides for some fascinating handling possibilities. For example, the new Acura NSX has a motor for each front wheel. In corners, the NSX will overdrive its outside front wheel and drag the inside front, helping the car turn in more sharply. Rimac and Lotus are both developing EVs with a motor for each wheel, while Ferrari just unveiled the SF90 Stradale hybrid, which uses a similar front-axle setup as the NSX.

It's unclear if the Model S Plaid will use two motors at the rear axle and one at the front, or vice versa. Either way, a three-motor Model S is a very interesting prospect. And, the three-motor Plaid setup will make its way to the Model X crossover and the Roadster, too.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

Tri-

Intuitive driving is were it's at!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

Tri-

Intuitive driving is were it's at!

1 - 20 of 379 Posts