Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen some good reviews on this via YouTube, anyone have one? Do you think it’s as accurate as the Vbox Mini?

dragy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I know a bunch of people who use them. They work great.

Reactions: Bushidopupil

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool no sweat man! No rush either, just let us know what you think. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Cool no sweat man! No rush either, just let us know what you think. Thanks!

Hey guys - I still haven't gotten around to this. My V has been in the shop for the past week getting a ton of minor things done. A rear brake whose wear indicator didn't squeal resulted in a scored rotor, so that's what sent me right to the shop. And I had a long list of other stuff piling up I finally decided needed to be addressed...car needed stuff like rear diff fluid change and a handful of other routine things and I didn't have the time or inclination to punch them out myself.

But as it turns out, there's a TON of peeps going on vacation last week and this - so they were way backed up. Should have had the car back by now, but still waiting. They did at least give me a brand new loaner, so it's not too big a deal.

I'm dead curious to know how my car does with certain benchmarks on the street, so I'll be hooking this up as soon as possible!

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys - I still haven't gotten around to this. My V has been in the shop for the past week getting a ton of minor things done. A rear brake whose wear indicator didn't squeal resulted in a scored rotor, so that's what sent me right to the shop. And I had a long list of other stuff piling up I finally decided needed to be addressed...car needed stuff like rear diff fluid change and a handful of other routine things and I didn't have the time or inclination to punch them out myself.

But as it turns out, there's a TON of peeps going on vacation last week and this - so they were way backed up. Should have had the car back by now, but still waiting. They did at least give me a brand new loaner, so it's not too big a deal.

I'm dead curious to know how my car does with certain benchmarks on the street, so I'll be hooking this up as soon as possible!
Cool, no sweat man! Hopefully all those minor issues get taken care of and you get it back quickly. I just want to know from someone who already has one how well it works before I purchase. If you also have a Vbox to compare it to that would be extremely helpful but obviously not required.

Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Well I finally got around to setting this up. Which brings me to the first point: Its stoopid easy to use Dragy.

Stick a magnet on your dash, stick the GPS receiver to the magnet, then install the phone app, open app, pair phone with reciever (which is fully automated) then drive away. Its helpful to have a mount for your phone so you can see it while driving...

That's it - Dragy automatically captures everything while you drive. No complex button pressing or anything. Just drive.

If you come to a full stop then stomp on it, Dragy captures 60 foot, 0-60n 1/8th mile, 1/2, half mile and mile stats, plus others like 60-130mph and more. All automatically. You get time, distance, even elevation with a detailed report for EVERY stat.

I didn't get time (or cop-free space) to do much. But I did get one decent highway pull in. Here's a screenshot of the drill-down detail for every metric the app captures - this is where I clicked on the "60-130" metric for a single pull (you'll have one of these EVERY time you go 60-130). In a typical drive or "trip to Mexico" you could easily captures hundreds of these.

I'll post more later, but this looks really slick. Also - it can push your data to the cloud for storage and comparison with others who use the app.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Dragy also has a "video overlay" mode which allows you to record video with your smartphone and the app automatically overlays the performance data. But I discovered for now it only works on iPhones. WTF Dragy?!?!

I've continued to play around with it and this is well worth the purchase price. It does almost everything you could want except lap recording like the newer PDR systems.

I've also learned what a crappy driver I am...at least launching the car on the street. I tried a few 0-60 runs and only managed a best of around 3.3 seconds. You'd think with wide sticky tires and 750+whp I could at least match a new Tesla Model 3P with 235 Pilot 4S tires.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dragy also has a "video overlay" mode which allows you to record video with your smartphone and the app automatically overlays the performance data. But I discovered for now it only works on iPhones. WTF Dragy?!?!

I've continued to play around with it and this is well worth the purchase price. It does almost everything you could want except lap recording like the newer PDR systems.

I've also learned what a crappy driver I am...at least launching the car on the street. I tried a few 0-60 runs and only managed a best of around 3.3 seconds. You'd think with wide sticky tires and 750+whp I could at least match a new Tesla Model 3P with 235 Pilot 4S tires.
It's probably not that you're a crappy driver, but rather that the Dragy doesn't have a 1 foot roll out built in, which will cause it to read 0 - 60 times a bit slower.

The V-Box (amongst others) has the option to do the 1' roll out, and I think most manufacturers and magazine tests use the 1' roll out to test 0 - 60.
Your car is likely doing 3.0 or better with a 1' roll out. Also, practice makes perfect..... after a few sets of tires, you should have it nailed!

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
It's probably not that you're a crappy driver, but rather that the Dragy doesn't have a 1 foot roll out built in, which will cause it to read 0 - 60 times a bit slower.

The V-Box (amongst others) has the option to do the 1' roll out, and I think most manufacturers and magazine tests use the 1' roll out to test 0 - 60.
Your car is likely doing 3.0 or better with a 1' roll out. Also, practice makes perfect..... after a few sets of tires, you should have it nailed!
I thought the 1 foot rollout was a configurable setting but I don't see it in the app, so maybe you're right.

So just $8-$10k in tires and I should be good? Cool...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Have seen some good reviews on this via YouTube, anyone have one? Do you think it’s as accurate as the Vbox Mini?

dragy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a lot of people with them. They are surprisingly accurate for all parameters.

In fact a few did some runs a few weeks before a day at the dragstrip and it was accurate to within like 0.1 seconds of actual track times. Pretty impressive for $150 and a free app lol.

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know a lot of people with them. They are surprisingly accurate for all parameters.

In fact a few did some runs a few weeks before a day at the dragstrip and it was accurate to within like 0.1 seconds of actual track times. Pretty impressive for $150 and a free app lol.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!!

Just make sure it is really secure so it does not move at all. A magnet up on the dash towards the windshield should do it because the magnet in the dragy is pretty strong. If it moves at all the times will get screwy.

·
Content
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just make sure it is really secure so it does not move at all. A magnet up on the dash towards the windshield should do it because the magnet in the dragy is pretty strong. If it moves at all the times will get screwy.
Copy that! Thanks again bro!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm still a little annoyed that a 15 yr old girl in a Tesla will smoke me unless I nail a perfect launch...
Now if we had all wheel drive in our cars, like the Tesla, I think the outcome would be different.

Then again, the all wheel drive would add more weight to an already "chunky" car.

At the end of the day, there's always someone faster, unless you're driving a T/F dragster down Main street. Then for sure you're the quickest and fastest.....for 3 - 4 seconds......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts