Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure if anyone has posted this already, but my father-in-law is a parts manager at a GM dealer and he just sent me a PDF that I wanted to share. I can't post it due to it's size but would be happy to email anyone or perhaps someone else who can post it.

Short summary: supercharger warranty extended to 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km). This also applies to the Camaro.

EDIT: Oh, I found someone else who posted the PDF on a Camaro forum.

EDIT EDIT: The full PDF is now available here for Download, Reading, and Printing: Service Bulletin No: 13313 Special Coverage Adjustment - Supercharger Warranty Extension

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Perfect, my last trip to the dealer said exactly what this letter says (rattle at idle, goes away at load) but they declined the work, not anymore.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Many thanks.

Any chance GM is getting a little paranoid? They seem to be eliminating any more criticisms on warranty/safety issues to the greatest extent possible ... as they probably should right now.

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
Any recall Gm was considering before the ignition recall, is now on! Flood gates are open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
I just dropped mine off today for a S/C replacement,new recaro seats, new headlights and new tailights. I'm hoping that the new one has the solid isolator in it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's straight from GM so I would assume global but if nothing else you can reference this if you're elsewhere. It's hard to ignore.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks.

Any chance GM is getting a little paranoid? They seem to be eliminating any more criticisms on warranty/safety issues to the greatest extent possible ... as they probably should right now.
I certainly think so. They're out so much for the ignitions I get the feeling they want to lessen any negative publicity on their flagship car

·
Super Moderator
16,918 Posts
Personally I think the Gm issue on the ignition is far less of a problem compared to the Toyota accelerator recall. Let's face it, all oem's that still use a turn key ignition are sweating bullets, Gm is just the first.

Every oem is sitting scared right now on their own pile of potential recalls, Gm is just cleaning house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A D M I N
1,621 Posts
I just dropped mine off today for a S/C replacement,new recaro seats, new headlights and new tailights. I'm hoping that the new one has the solid isolator in it.
will they replace the entire seat for you? i took mine in for the problem a few thousand miles ago, they put in a new bracket and fixed the issue, but as of last week, its back, and worse than before....

·
Registered
547 Posts
will they replace the entire seat for you? i took mine in for the problem a few thousand miles ago, they put in a new bracket and fixed the issue, but as of last week, its back, and worse than before....
They ordered a brand new Recaro seat for me

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Geez... New Recaro seats just for rocking? The front anchor must be even worse than I heard. Head lights & taillights? Really?

Geez, even our supercharged Jag never had problems like these. Certainly no roots problems either. But, I'll take our V over the Jag any day of the week. Still...

Are the newer 2013/2014 cars less problematic on these issues? Thanks...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thank you very much for this. Hope I never have to use it, but good to know its there.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
This is definitely a print and put in the glove compartment for future use. Whats the recall on the Recaros? Mine has just now started to rock side to side or corner to corner.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Funny I was just about to post this because I happen to login to My Cadillac and seen this

Capture.JPG

But you beat me to it. :mad:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But you beat me to it. :mad:
I took my father-in-law to the Long Beach Grand Prix as part of the Caddilac V coral/event thing. So now he's smitten with the car. :cool: He must have had his eye out for V bulletins at work, and sent it to me right away.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts