Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Third Times A Charm
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking around and thinking of getting into my 4th V (I know, its sickening). Trying to keep up with @x96535 I suppose. Naturally, I want to ensure I don't miss out on a big change so I've done some dumpster diving to try and find all the changes. Please feel free to note any I've missed or incorrectly listed and I will modify. Figured it would be good for those in the future.

2016:

Release of the Gen 3 CTS-V.
2017:

Discontinued:

• (PCN) LPO, Summer/Winter Mat Package
  • (VYW) LPO, Premium carpeted floor mats
Added:
  • (UE4) Following Distance Indicator
  • (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror (Included with available [Y40] Luxury Package)
  • Auto ventilated seat functionality
  • LPO Accessories:
  • (WCZ) Morello Fiber Carbon Interior Trim Kit
  • (RWJ) Outdoor vehicle cover
Changes
  • Interior colors (HG2)/(HG9) Jet Black with Saffron accents restricted from exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat
  • Updated Cadillac CUE (Info 2.6 version), includes Collection and Teen Driver:
    • Collection — Access to browse, select and install apps to your vehicle. Apps include Pandora, iHeart Radio, The Weather Channel and more (data plan rates may apply)
    • Teen Driver — a configurable feature that lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob to encourage safe driving behavior. It can limit certain vehicle features, and it prevents certain safety systems from being turned off. An in-vehicle report gives you information on your teen’s driving habits and helps you to continue to coach your new driver
    • Android Auto (launched interim 16MY)
  • (Y40) Luxury Package now includes (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror
2018:

Discontinued:

• Radiant Silver Metallic
  • Stellar Black Metallic
  • LPO/accessory-level glovebox-mounted CD drive
  • Carbon Black Package
Added:
  • Championship Edition (2018 only)
  • Satin Steel Metallic
  • Vector Blue Metallic
  • 115th Anniversary, Glacier Edition (115 vehicles)
  • Cue Version 3 infotainment system
    • Drivers profiles
    • All new navigation app
    • Summary Screen
2019:

Discontinued:

• Phantom Gray Metallic
  • Vector Blue Metallic
  • CTS-V Championship Edition
Added:
  • Velocity Red
  • Wave Metallic

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thanks this is pertinent info.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
So, to me, 2018 would be the year for me to get a VBM with "best" (a relative term) CUE.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Worth noting, the After Midnight wheels on the 2016 Crystal White Frost Editions are more of a gunmetal gray as opposed to the current dark (almost black) gray wheels. I purchased a set from a CWRE owner who changed out his wheels, At that time I didn't know there was a difference and when my wife caught one of the wheels I wanted to just replace it so it would match the others. After 4 months and finding out that Cadillac's customer service is no better than using wax paper to wipe yourself, I got hold of Patrick Nalley one of Cadillac's marketing executives - it turns out that the first run of After Midnight wheels that were first offered on the CWFE cars are actually the wrong color. But since the car was in production and would delay sales they used these "wrong" colored After Midnight wheels specifically on the CWFE cars and used the "correct" colored After Midnight wheels on all successive cars.

So, If you damage one of these wheels you can only get it refinished, if you use the same part number you will get a current dark After Midnight wheel. According to GM, the gunmetal colored After Midnight wheels are unicorns and don't exist.

·
Super Moderator
16,518 Posts
Tuning costs go up due to PCM changes over the Gen3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know the technical name but also the rear camera display in the rear view mirror for the 2019.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Did the mirror began in 18?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts