Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Gen 2 TT build in Washington

9K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  Morris1100 
#1 · (Edited)
Pretty new to the site. So after picking up my first V from the east coast ended up having a rod through the block I've decided to do a LSX 427 Twin turbo build. Here's the parts list so far, I will get some pictures posted soon, this is my first 1000+ HP build so I'm learning along the way.

2012 V pearl white sedan

LSX 427
Callies Dragonslayer crank
Callies billet rods
Wiseco pistons
Brodix BR7 heads with the LME touch
Crower rockers
LME titanium valve set up
LME Billet Intake manifold
Cam Motion cam 700+lift
Huron Speed turbo manifolds, intercooler, lines, piping and goodies
Turbo smart 45's
Turbo smart BOV
Precision turbos 68/70's Gen 2
RPM stage 5 4L80 setup
Clear view oil filter setup
Improved racing oil cooler and thermostat
ID1700x injectors

Items still to order
Fore Innovations triple pump setup
Holly Dominator EFI set up

The car is going to be used for some track days from time to time but mainly for just having a badass street car!
The project

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pretty new to the site. So after picking up my first V from the east coast ended up having a rod through the block I've decided to do a LSX 427 Twin turbo build. Here's the parts list so far, I will get some pictures posted soon, this is my first 1000+ HP build so I'm learning along the way.

2012 V pearl white sedan

LSX 427
Callies billet rods
Wiseco pistons
Crower rockers
Cam Motion cam 700+lift
Turbo smart 45's
Turbo smart BOV
RPM stage 5 4L60 setup
ID1700x injectors

Items still to order

The car is going to be used for some track days from time to time but mainly for just having a badass street car!
The project
Was the 4L60 a typo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
+1 Huron is the new go-to game in town that's for sure. BMR is a great company and I like their R&D on their kits, but I can't imagine they'll be selling too many more?

#11 ·
@Guard dog
Not sure who else is running a 4L80e. Morris plans to...gonna need a custom cross member and whatever else.

#48 ·
I actually ended up going with a ATFSpeed TH400 and a Gear vender. The 4L80 doesn’t live past 1500hp and I talked to every damn shop out there.

My build started out a lot like this one but has gone so far past it now. We are fixing to drop it off at the chassis shop for the backhalf and 9”.

#15 ·
Sounds like it’s going to be a sweet build! I have a 1000+ rwhp car myself (not my V) so if I have any advice to give it’d be to make sure your cam is spec’d by a reputable cam guy that knows his turbo cams, and considering you mentioned some track days along with mainly street driving I’d really consider just giving the 6l90e some upgrades. Stock ones are proven reliable with good tuning at 800. I can’t see why a built 6l90e wouldn’t be more then ideal considering it could handle 1000+. Also no extra fab work and no extra electronic and interior modifications. Again those are just my opinions. Each to there own. Good luck with everything!

#19 ·
Woo! Awesome build! I think this makes 4 twin turbo builds going on at the same time! I have my build going on here. If you have any questions about the kit or how we did certain things feel free to shoot me a PM and I will hopefully help in any way possible.

Reactions: prudnick21
#22 ·
I'll be doing everything less the final tune of the car.
LSX427
Oil system
Fore triple pump kit

Attachments

#25 ·

2012 V pearl white sedan

LSX 427
Callies billet rods
Wiseco pistons
Crower rockers
Cam Motion cam 700+lift
Turbo smart 45's
Turbo smart BOV
RPM stage 5 4L80 setup
ID1700x injectors

Items still to order

The project
.700" + Valve Lift Cam. . . Interesting....
Do you have the duration, LSA / LCA, and / or valve events for this cam?

Crower makes great stuff. . .Which Rockers?

Cheers

#27 ·
What is valve spring life like on a 700+ lift cam? Excellent build by the way!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

#28 ·
It depends!

Lobe velocity, rocker arm ratio, spring material, heat. . . especially on the exhaust side, etc.
But generally speaking it will be less than the ~20k - ~30k miles one would expect with 0.600" lift.

Another issue would be the requirement of a good roller rocker arm that sweeps the valve correctly.
In this case (no surprise) the builder has recommended a Crower Rocker Arm..:D

Most usually go to a better rocker once the 'Net Lift' exceeds ~0.635" valve lift.

Yet some are running around with valve lifts up around 0.660" with standard rocker arms
on LS3 builds and have no problems that I know of.

Cheers

#33 ·

2012 V pearl white sedan

LSX 427
Callies billet rods
Wiseco pistons
Crower rockers
Cam Motion cam 700+lift
Turbo smart 45's
Turbo smart BOV
RPM stage 5 4L80 setup
ID1700x injectors

Items still to order

The project
.700" + Valve Lift Cam. . . Interesting....
Do you have the duration, LSA / LCA, and / or valve events for this cam?

Crower makes great stuff. . .Which Rockers?

Cheers
The duration is 240-255 with a LSA of 117 + 4, ended up going with the 74107’s for the rockers.

#34 ·
Here is a few pictures of the oil system rough install.

Filter, oil thermostat, cooler and lines

Attachments

#35 ·
Any fail safe for the oil pump - like a warning light or alarm in the cabin?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#37 ·
Here’s a little update on the car finally was able to get a little tuning done.

Made 800whp at 17 degrees of timing on 92 octane with 7 psi

Has some issue with the charge piping couplings so I have some work todo. Will be doing an aggressive E85 tune soon. More to come.

Attachments

#44 ·
That's a 427 with brodix heads - and no power-leeching blower to spin. 800 RWHP sounds about right.

Nice build; that pic on the trailer is awesome.

#49 ·
You're insane. If you need a place to store the old TT setup I have some extra room. :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.