Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty new to the site. So after picking up my first V from the east coast ended up having a rod through the block I've decided to do a LSX 427 Twin turbo build. Here's the parts list so far, I will get some pictures posted soon, this is my first 1000+ HP build so I'm learning along the way.

2012 V pearl white sedan

LSX 427
Callies Dragonslayer crank
Callies billet rods
Wiseco pistons
Brodix BR7 heads with the LME touch
Crower rockers
LME titanium valve set up
LME Billet Intake manifold
Cam Motion cam 700+lift
Huron Speed turbo manifolds, intercooler, lines, piping and goodies
Turbo smart 45's
Turbo smart BOV
Precision turbos 68/70's Gen 2
RPM stage 5 4L80 setup
Clear view oil filter setup
Improved racing oil cooler and thermostat
ID1700x injectors

Items still to order
Fore Innovations triple pump setup
Holly Dominator EFI set up

The car is going to be used for some track days from time to time but mainly for just having a badass street car!
The project

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,830 Posts
Pretty new to the site. So after picking up my first V from the east coast ended up having a rod through the block I've decided to do a LSX 427 Twin turbo build. Here's the parts list so far, I will get some pictures posted soon, this is my first 1000+ HP build so I'm learning along the way.

2012 V pearl white sedan

LSX 427
Callies Dragonslayer crank
Callies billet rods
Wiseco pistons
Brodix BR7 heads with the LME touch
Crower rockers
LME titanium valve set up
LME Billet Intake manifold
Cam Motion cam 700+lift
Huron Speed turbo manifolds, intercooler, lines, piping and goodies
Turbo smart 45's
Turbo smart BOV
Precision turbos 68/70's Gen 2
RPM stage 5 4L60 setup
Clear view oil filter setup
Improved racing oil cooler and thermostat
ID1700x injectors

Items still to order
Fore Innovations triple pump setup
Holly Dominator EFI set up

The car is going to be used for some track days from time to time but mainly for just having a badass street car!
The project
Was the 4L60 a typo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Was the 4L60 a typo?

If it wasn't it won't last 1 pull at the V2 weight, I don't care if its a Level 37 build haha. Has to be a typo!

Build sounds pretty nasty though for sure! I won't how the other TT marketers feel about all the TT sales since Huron came out with a kit?

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
+1 Huron is the new go-to game in town that's for sure. BMR is a great company and I like their R&D on their kits, but I can't imagine they'll be selling too many more?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was the 4L60 a typo?

The 4L60E was not a typo, after talking with the guys over at RPM and letting them know that this will be mainly street driven with some track days that was there suggestion. This is my first auto car so I'm a newbie to this field.... sounds like that is a bad option I'm hearing? They haven't started my build yet so I have options.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
The 4L60E was not a typo, after talking with the guys over at RPM and letting them know that this will be mainly street driven with some track days that was there suggestion. This is my first auto car so I'm a newbie to this field.... sounds like that is a bad option I'm hearing? They haven't started my build yet so I have options.
Those things barely live in Vettes that weight 1000# less at high power levels. RPM is awesome but damn I can't get on board with them recommending a 4l60 in a TT V2 application. Are you sure they didn't spec a 4l80e? LOL

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't 4L80?

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
another vote for 4L80

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those things barely live in Vettes that weight 1000# less at high power levels. RPM is awesome but damn I can't get on board with them recommending a 4l60 in a TT V2 application. Are you sure they didn't spec a 4l80e? LOL
I'll double check I could have misunderstood him I'm thinking that was the case, I'll give them a call to validate.
Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it.
Just talked to the guys at RPM looks like it is a 4L80E stage 5 so looks like I cant read my chicken scratch notes..... thanks for the input again everyone. On another note what have you guys had to modify to get that thing to fit? Also what shifter set up have you guys liked?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
@Guard dog
Not sure who else is running a 4L80e. Morris plans to...gonna need a custom cross member and whatever else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like it’s going to be a sweet build! I have a 1000+ rwhp car myself (not my V) so if I have any advice to give it’d be to make sure your cam is spec’d by a reputable cam guy that knows his turbo cams, and considering you mentioned some track days along with mainly street driving I’d really consider just giving the 6l90e some upgrades. Stock ones are proven reliable with good tuning at 800. I can’t see why a built 6l90e wouldn’t be more then ideal considering it could handle 1000+. Also no extra fab work and no extra electronic and interior modifications. Again those are just my opinions. Each to there own. Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like it’s going to be a sweet build! I have a 1000+ rwhp car myself (not my V) so if I have any advice to give it’d be to make sure your cam is spec’d by a reputable cam guy that knows his turbo cams, and considering you mentioned some track days along with mainly street driving I’d really consider just giving the 6l90e some upgrades. Stock ones are proven reliable with good tuning at 800. I can’t see why a built 6l90e wouldn’t be more then ideal considering it could handle 1000+. Also no extra fab work and no extra electronic and interior modifications. Again those are just my opinions. Each to there own. Good luck with everything!

I agree if your going to be on the street the 6l90 should work and you don't have to do all that banging and stuff and having a 1000+ hp on the street will just to have conversation 700 to 800 is a fun and a fight

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
I would stay away from the 4l60... I helped a friend install a built 4l60 (from the came company you're going with) in his turbo LS miata. The thing would never shift out of 2-3 under WOT. Sent it back and forth to them for rebuilds, tweaked tunes, blah blah blah, it never worked right. Keep in mind his miata weighs less than your V and only made around 800wheel. He has since switched to a power glide and hasn't looked back.

I would stay away from the 4l60 if I were you.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
I would stay away from the 4l60... I helped a friend install a built 4l60 (from the came company you're going with) in his turbo LS miata. The thing would never shift out of 2-3 under WOT. Sent it back and forth to them for rebuilds, tweaked tunes, blah blah blah, it never worked right. Keep in mind his miata weighs less than your V and only made around 800wheel. He has since switched to a power glide and hasn't looked back.

I would stay away from the 4l60 if I were you.
It was a typo/misunderstanding, they are spec'ing him a 4l80e.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Woo! Awesome build! I think this makes 4 twin turbo builds going on at the same time! I have my build going on here. If you have any questions about the kit or how we did certain things feel free to shoot me a PM and I will hopefully help in any way possible.

Reactions: prudnick21
1 - 20 of 54 Posts