Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped my V off w/Trevor at the Detail Lab over here in the DFW area for a full paint correction and 10 year ceramic coating. I've been researching a lot about this whole process, and watching tons of before/after/during pics and videos from this guy, and I am excited to see the results. For any of you curious about the before and after of this type of procedure, check back in the next few days; as I will be adding pictures as the process moves along. The black diamond paint should look phenomenal once it's all corrected, I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Maybe it has to stay in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight to last the 10 years?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 year coating huh....I've seen his work and he is top notch, but that claim is silly to me.
I'll admit I'm a little bit skeptical, but we'll see. I think as long as I get the maintenance washes when needed it'll last awhile. I'll definitely update as I go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
847 Posts
Is it OK to ask how much a full treatment is by a top guy down in your neck of the woods?

Some places up here ask $200-300. One guy told me $850 is the discount price if he can use my V2 as a video on his youtube channel.

I believe this summer, I'll buy a DA buffer and (hopefully) learn to do it myself.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it OK to ask how much a full treatment is by a top guy down in your neck of the woods?

Some places up here ask $200-300. One guy told me $850 is the discount price if he can use my V2 as a video on his youtube channel.

I believe this summer, I'll buy a DA buffer and (hopefully) learn to do it myself.
I think I paid $1400. Not sure how much is allocated to the paint correction and how much to the ceramic coating. He's also doing a full interior deep/steam clean; wheels off cleaning and calipers (both ceramic coated as well); and a full detail of the engine bay.

·
Registered
847 Posts
If $1400 USD is the going rate for a top notch guy, then $850 CAD is a steal. But since I enjoy detailing (everything except paint correction), I think I'll give it s shot. I'll cut my teeth on my DD (Accord) first... and see how many neighbors ask me to do theirs.... and then take a swipe at the V.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If $1400 USD is the going rate for a top notch guy, then $850 CAD is a steal. But since I enjoy detailing (everything except paint correction), I think I'll give it s shot. I'll cut my teeth on my DD (Accord) first... and see how many neighbors ask me to do theirs.... and then take a swipe at the V.
That's a decent plan. In my experience, as with most people's I'm sure; you get what you pay for when it comes to stuff like this. I've been following this guy in IG for almost 2 years, and it's staggering what he's able to do. He had done and maintains many high end rides, from Ferrari to Bugatti, many Porsches, Mercedes, etc. Check him out on IG. I think it's @the_detail_lab

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks great, love the weaponX hood

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been thinking of doing the same. I’m also in the area. It’s looking great.
There isn't anybody better that I've seen. Trevor knows his shit. For everything that he does, I think he's very reasonable price wise.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Just paint the hats, the rust will be gone once he rolls it out of the garage.
I thought about that, but those rotors have almost 60k miles on them... And if I'm gonna add serious boost, I'm upgrading the brakes in support of the extra power (and axles too).

·
Registered
612 Posts
Question, does the $1,400 include ceramic coating the entire car or just part of it?

I'm only asking because I was at a shop last year that installs ceramic coating here in the Houston area. They had a bad ass black ZL1 in the shop that they had just completed coating the entire front end. I asked how much it cost and they said $2,xxx. I tuned him out after he said $2K but it was in the low $2,000's. After hearing that crazy number I never revisited the subject of ceramic coating again.... until this thread came along.

·
Premium Member
6,916 Posts
Question, does the $1,400 include ceramic coating the entire car or just part of it?

I'm only asking because I was at a shop last year that installs ceramic coating here in the Houston area. They had a bad ass black ZL1 in the shop that they had just completed coating the entire front end. I asked how much it cost and they said $2,xxx. I tuned him out after he said $2K but it was in the low $2,000's. After hearing that crazy number I never revisited the subject of ceramic coating again.... until this thread came along.
That was rape city job unless there was a lot of wet sanding and touch ups to go along with the paint correction process. Most ceramic coating jobs which includes correction and the coating will run $1,200-1,600 from just about any reputable person/shop that uses high end products.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Okay, so I went back and looked at my documents on this, and I apologize...I paid $1,600 for the following:

Full detail - interior, exterior, engine bay
Full paint correction of entire body
Ceramic coating of entire body, plus wheels and calipers AND windshield
2 maintenance washes a year

As I've said before, you really should check out this guy's social media for his before and after pics and vids; as well as his technique and equipment. He kills it.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts