Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going to FuelFest LA at Irwindale? I was thinking of running my V at the test and tune. It’s ~$80 to run and includes admission to the event.

·
Super Moderator
21,719 Posts
I don’t think I can run there, I think kick off cars that are deemed too fast, and that limit isn’t very high.

Guess I need to check the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,719 Posts
Yeah, not putting in a roll bar or cage, nor a 5 point harness.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, not putting in a roll bar or cage, nor a 5 point harness.

I don’t think my car will break 7.50. I didn’t realize that they required so much of a car that would run 10s.

·
Registered
544 Posts
We'll most likely go just for the fun of it.

Some requirements if running...
ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST WEAR:
LONG PANTS, SHIRT WITH SLEEVES AND CLOSED TOE SHOES (NO NYLON)

8.59 AND QUICKER: HELMET (Snell 2010) OR NEWER, NO PASSENGER

7.49 AND QUICKER: HELMET (Snell 2010) OR NEWER, ROLL BAR, 5-POINT SEAT BELT, NO PASSENGER, JACKET MEETING SFI SPEC 3.2A/1 MANDATORY

6.39 AND QUICKER: HELMET (Snell 2010) OR NEWER, ROLL CAGE, 5-POINT SEAT BELT, COMPETITION LICENSE, CHASSIS CERTIFICATION, SFI 3.3A/5 (JACKET AND PANTS), NECK COLLAR, GLOVES

AFTER MARKET POWER ADDER (Turbo, Nitrous, supercharger, etc) REQUIRES MULTI LAYER JACKET MEETING SFI SPEC 3.2A/5 MANDATORY.

ALL VEHICLES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A MUFFLER.

ALL VEHICLES MUST BE COMPLIANT WITH NHRA SAFETY STANDARDS FROM THE 2021 NHRA RULEBOOK.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll most likely go just for the fun of it.

Some requirements if running...
ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST WEAR:
LONG PANTS, SHIRT WITH SLEEVES AND CLOSED TOE SHOES (NO NYLON)

8.59 AND QUICKER: HELMET (Snell 2010) OR NEWER, NO PASSENGER

7.49 AND QUICKER: HELMET (Snell 2010) OR NEWER, ROLL BAR, 5-POINT SEAT BELT, NO PASSENGER, JACKET MEETING SFI SPEC 3.2A/1 MANDATORY

6.39 AND QUICKER: HELMET (Snell 2010) OR NEWER, ROLL CAGE, 5-POINT SEAT BELT, COMPETITION LICENSE, CHASSIS CERTIFICATION, SFI 3.3A/5 (JACKET AND PANTS), NECK COLLAR, GLOVES

AFTER MARKET POWER ADDER (Turbo, Nitrous, supercharger, etc) REQUIRES MULTI LAYER JACKET MEETING SFI SPEC 3.2A/5 MANDATORY.

ALL VEHICLES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A MUFFLER.

ALL VEHICLES MUST BE COMPLIANT WITH NHRA SAFETY STANDARDS FROM THE 2021 NHRA RULEBOOK.
Do you plan on being part of the car show or just parking in the normal lot and walking the show? Only problem with being part of the show is you’re locked into staying there until everyone has cleared out.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I would not participate in the show for that very reason. When I'm done with it and wanna leave I'm out.
That was the reason I quit the Corvette meets. You were locked in for the whole event.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Those rules seem crazy. The 2021 IHRA rule book says:

"2008 OEM model year and newer production cars running 10.00 (1/4 mile) and 6.50 (1/8 mile) and slower than 135 mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit ET safety rules except for the following: Convertibles and T-top entries must meet the minimum specifications listed in the ET bracket section for roll bar and roll cage requirement. Vehicles must pass all state highway safety requirements in which the vehicle is registered prior to acceptance. "

They are way stricter than that. I ran around 7.0 before E85. I'm glad I don't live in CA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts