Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in the muscle car game and bought a 2009 V it’s pretty much stock just upgraded steel tips, an air intake, and upgraded rear springs. Nothing done to fuel system. There is no pooling and gas gauge is not moving like it’s losing fuel after sitting over night either, it’s just the smell. The check engine light is not on. Is this normal since it’s a supercharged motor with high octane fuel? Any help will be appreciated, thank you

· Registered
2012 BDT slicktop, I've got some goodies in there
124 Posts
There is a fitting on top of the fuel hat assembly. That is notorious for breaking/cracking. There is an aluminum hat you can buy to replace the crappy plastics

· Registered
1,912 Posts

· Registered
4,584 Posts
I got with only 33000 miles so its definitely worth the upgrades with how much life it still has
Plastic they use, seems to have a shelf life. Same for shocks if not used regularly.

· Registered
1,398 Posts
Plastic they use, seems to have a shelf life. Same for shocks if not used regularly.

Almost all plastics do have a shelf life.

Why car manufacturers still choose to use them in hard to get to places, is beyond me. (Well, I know the REAL answer. I just don't like it.)

· Registered
556 Posts
The gas tank fuel neck sits too close to the floor of the back seat. This causes the neck to crack. The nice part of doing the cut a hole method is the cover plate from Merican Motor sits slightly higher so no more metal contacting the neck. The new aluminum cover and connectors are awesome so no more issues. And, like previously stated you can upgrade your pumps while you are in there. A drop in from Rockauto is only like $1200 bucks. I bought all three things, new pump the aluminum hat and the cover and spent a day and got it done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts