Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the fuel pump leak from the plastic 90 coming out of the housing. What did you guys do to fix yours? Can you purchase just the housing? Or do you have to get it with all the components? Any advice or part numbers is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
Happened to a bunch of people.

Either replace the entire assembly, buy an aftermarket fuel system, or do what CUIN9SEC did (look for his thread).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
^^thats weird. I paste the correct link to George’s ‘aux pump in tank’ thread and the link comes out different?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help everyone. I am going to try what CUIN9SEC did and change the pumps while I'm in there. Thanks for the thread link adam112.

·
Premium Member
15,197 Posts
^^thats weird. I paste the correct link to George’s ‘aux pump in tank’ thread and the link comes out different?

You've done that in three different threads. I just assumed you were retarded - but a technical glitch could make sense, too?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You've done that in three different threads. I just assumed you were retarded - but a technical glitch could make sense, too?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Retarded? Nah. I have two younger siblings who are, no shit. Poor word choice but i get it, we all do that sometimes.

Tapatalk issue. I search in safari on iPhone, copy and paste and breakie linkie.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
The pump assy. is on back order now.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did what CUIN9SEC did with the following parts posted by CTIMSV. Went flawlessly. Only tools required was drill, aviation snips (nibbler would be preferred), dremel, 90 degree pick, and wrenches for the fittings. Took about 30 minutes to cut the access hole, and about an hour and a half to disassemble the pump housing switch the pumps to AEM 320lph and cut and sand the original 90 fitting and install the aluminum. Then about 30 minutes to reinstall into the tank and screw the access panel on. Was pretty straight forward just from looking at the pictures and nothing too difficult all for about $60 not counting for the AEM pumps and access panel. Much better option than new housing with the plastic fitting for $500.

FULL FLOW 6AN 90 DEGREE BLACK SWEPT FLARE BULKHEAD FITTING ADAPTER W/ 2 NUTS
2 6an nylon washers
Corrugated 10mm fuel line 180 mm[7.09 in]
Russell 624010 Twist-Lok Red/Blue Anodized Aluminum -6AN Straight Hose End
Edelbrock/Russell 640000 -6AN Female Swivel Coupler
Quick Connect Male 3/8 Fuel Rail Hose to -6AN Adapter Fitting LS LS1 LS3 GM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts