21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What a great write up!

A couple of questions.........
(1) Is this a sedan or coupe?
(2) Did you remove the front seat for better access?
This is a sedan.
I did not remove the front seat. I moved it all the way forward, but it's not in the way of this procedure at all. Plus removing seats is kinda a PITA.

·
Premium Member
14,573 Posts
Really impressive write-up on the procedure, very well done. My only suggestion would be to skip the rivets and just use a thick bead of RTV around the access panel; once it cures it will stay put.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Good call on that, I may update the document with that suggestion. I had the rivets from another project, but I admit it's a lot of stuff to get for just 4 screws. A few nut clips would also be easier.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I actually just used the section I cut out and used some rubber tape and to reseal it and then sound mat to cover and really make sure it was sealed. Blends in with all the other sound mat under the seat I have lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
I see they have kits for $150. Not that you need a kit with a pre bent piece of sheet metal.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Find the guy on facebook with the nice fitting hatches for $100ish...MME is stocked out and unresponsive from all accounts.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Yea I have one designed as well...FB guy beat me to making it...no worries though, Im on bigger fish currently.

If its formed in America you can bet hes got at least 20/30 bucks in it at only 100 made.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts