Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so finished the build and mods. Two things, there's a small fuel leak where the E85 connects to fuel rail. Don't get why because it's snapped on correctly.
The second issue is the car will only start with my foot on gas pedal and stay running as long as my foot is on the gas pedal. My assumption is it just needs to get to the tuner so he could adjust the fuel flow, but I' not sure!
If anybody has any opinions on either issue, would be very much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Did you install larger injectors and/or are you running e85 without a tune?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you install larger injectors and/or are you running e85 without a tune?
Yes the ID 1050x injectors, but haven't gotten car tuned yet, this was first start up to check for leaks before sending it to tuner. Below are all my mods >

• [x] Forged pistons
  • [x] Forged rods
  • [x] Stock crank
  • [x] BTR stage 2 cam
  • [x] Speed engineering headers
  • [x] Removed the cats
  • [x] 2.55" upper pulley
  • [x] 9.55" lower with balancer w/ green belt
  • [x] K&N cold air intake
  • [x] ARP Head studs
  • [x] Melling 10355HV High Volume oil pump
  • [x] ID 1050x injectors
  • [x] DSX Auxiliary Pump Fuel System 09-15 CTS-V
  • [x] E85 flex fuel
  • [x] NGK TR7IX
  • [x] Reinforced Intercooler 'Brick’
  • [x] Might Mouse Wild catch can
  • [x] 160 Degree Thermostat
  • [x] Fabtech heat exchanger
  • [x] Pierburg CWA-100 (intercooler pump)

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Your new injectors are dumping too much fuel in the cylinders because they are using the files of the stock injectors, which are pretty much half the size.
You will damage your engine, wash your cylinders because of too much fuel, if you continue to run it like that.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
475 Posts
Yes. There is an o-ring in tbe female fitting. It butts against the "shoulder" on the hardline which is where the fitting locks on to, also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. There is an o-ring in tbe female fitting. It butts against the "shoulder" on the hardline which is where the fitting locks on to, also.
Shit I'm going to have to see if it's in there. And I actually found an o-ring on the ground the other day wondering where it came from.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
There are two o-rings in the female quick connect style fittings. Post a pic of where it’s leaking.

The car cranks in open loop so it’s way rich and won’t idle. If you can hold it open and warm it up into closed loop it can trim out some fuel, but that has limits.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are two o-rings in the female quick connect style fittings. Post a pic of where it’s leaking.

The car cranks in open loop so it’s way rich and won’t idle. If you can hold it open and warm it up into closed loop it can trim out some fuel, but that has limits.
Okay here are two pics showing where the fuel leak is, and I opened it today and there is two blue o-rings inside the female end. I'm wondering if there is also suppose to be an o-ring on the male end of the fuel rail that goes into the female quick connect... Also where the quick connect connects to the fuel rail, it's not like tight, it's connected but has movement. Is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
21,515 Posts
You started it on a stock tune with 1050 injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
FWIW, My son bought a DSX flex fuel sensor kit for his ZR1 and it leaked from that same fitting. I took that fitting apart and was surprised at how wimpy the o-rings were, way smaller than a stock GM or Russell/Earl's/Aeromotive quick connect fittings. Even if the o-rings aren't cut or smashed, just a slight misalignment of the lines will make that quick connect leak. I threw that DSX supplied fitting in the trash and replaced it with an Earl's fitting, leak fixed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FWIW, My son bought a DSX flex fuel sensor kit for his ZR1 and it leaked from that same fitting. I took that fitting apart and was surprised at how wimpy the o-rings were, way smaller than a stock GM or Russell/Earl's/Aeromotive quick connect fittings. Even if the o-rings aren't cut or smashed, just a slight misalignment of the lines will make that quick connect leak. I threw that DSX supplied fitting in the trash and replaced it with an Earl's fitting, leak fixed.
Do you know where I could get one? Or a part #?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well I thought I could just start it to check for leaks before sending it to tuner. I didn't think I could do any harm by just starting it. It would only start with foot on gas pedal and soon as I lift foot it would stall.
So I didn't attempt again. Do you think by doing that I caused harm to anything?

·
Registered
265 Posts
If you bought the DSX stuff brand new, then why not ask for warranty on a defect if the part is intact without any missing parts? (I’m assuming the o-ring on the floor did not come from the part, quick disconnect has been installed correctly, and no human error here.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you bought the DSX stuff brand new, then why not ask for warranty on a defect if the part is intact without any missing parts? (I’m assuming the o-ring on the floor did not come from the part, quick disconnect has been installed correctly, and no human error here.)

Yea I tried calling DSX but haven’t been able to reach anyone. And the tuner is waiting for the car. This is annoying lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts