Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what fuel jugs are you using to transport you’re e-85 ? My nearest station in about 1 hr away , I’ve looked at the Vp fuel jugs on Amazon & they have horrible reviews .

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
i have bought probably 20 of the VP jugs, what kind of negative review do they get?
I dont buy them off amazon but im sure they all come from the same china factory anyhow

i just looked and they get 89% 5 star rating so what do you consider "horrible" reviews??

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
326 Posts
I have one 35 gallon tank with a pump on it and then I have 6 VP jugs. I don't have one complaint for the VP jugs. I want them to hold my gas till I need it and they do it acceptionally well.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
55 gallon drums. I fill 2 drums with 57 gallons each and two 5 gallon plastic jugs. Travel 170 miles to and from to get it then run a 50% mix to make it last 4 months.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The VP Jugs I keep finding (on Amazon and their own website) say they're NOT for transporting fuel

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
there is nothing wrong with them. ive bought them off amazon and other sites, ive read some can leak, but I own 4, have used 4-6 of my friends and came across one that had a leak. they are good fuel jugs, and i fill them with e85 all the time

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
t.j.t,

Are you running stock cubes under the 2650?

Don't mean to side track this thread - just curious.

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
Yet they get 5 stars, thousands and thousands of them
I drag mine across rocks, concrete,back of my truck.
not saying some may not split (no one I know has had them split ) but it’s a $20 jug not $2000
mine don’t have a threaded vent cap, just a pop on one.

go Buy an epa approved gas can and see how awful they are, they don’t vent at all. They expand in the heat and sun and just spew fuel everywhere. Won’t even get into the spouts, Good luck pouring your fuel out if you can’t use a funnel. Same with portable fuel tanks. I have to sell someone a portable tank and then get them an old style gas cap that has a vent because the tanks expand and spit fuel out inside the boat

i even have 2 clear cooking oil jugs but sometimes the gas station guy gives you the stink eye because it’s clear and not red or yellow

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
t.j.t,

Are you running stock cubes under the 2650?

Don't mean to side track this thread - just curious.
I am, cars been 9.7 since that update, and I've picked up another 4 mph in the 1/8th since going 9.7 so I'm hoping to improve further, but the bottom ends on its last legs, and I've broke a bunch of stuff this year making a clean track day difficult lol.

Car should go 9.5 at 3500da

·
Registered
570 Posts
Are we referring to these ones? I didn’t buy because VP said not to use them for fuel…

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
yes those jugs and well it says right there for racing fuels, not EPA

thats your answer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts