Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1000 miles on my rebuild. Car is purring like a kitten. But I have some sort of issue when I try to go wot and the same issue when when I get to about 11-12 psi and try to go passed that. The seems to be misfiring. My question is, if I added a CAI and headers with cats, will this caused the car to lose psi. I think i read that when headers are added you tend to lose a couple psi. Second question is do I need to get the car retuned after adding those two mods or could this be a not enough fuel issue? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Headers will drop your psi. And in my experience, and reading knowledge here, a tune is always needed after adding those.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Are you able to datalog with HP Tuners? Could be a number of things.

Reactions: Bigwilly1267

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
What is your fuel pressure doing when the misfires happen?

Reactions: Bigwilly1267

·
Registered
2012 BD A6
29 Posts
Highly recommended a tune after header install, at the bare minimum have it dataloged which is gonna result in a change to due. Headers will drop boost pressure.

·
Registered
199 Posts
it won't work that way if u add headers and loose boost ur prob picking up power so will need more fuel and if this is a fuel issue it will be worse, look at fuel pressure and 02's they will tell u straight away whats going on with fueling, the 02's should stay above 850mv on boost if they are lower or spiking lower u need fuel and or have a mis or both, also if they are showing lower look at ur fuel pressure see if it's lower also

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it won't work that way if u add headers and loose boost ur prob picking up power so will need more fuel and if this is a fuel issue it will be worse, look at fuel pressure and 02's they will tell u straight away whats going on with fueling, the 02's should stay above 850mv on boost if they are lower or spiking lower u need fuel and or have a mis or both, also if they are showing lower look at ur fuel pressure see if it's lower also
The 02s are at about 1885 each side at WOT. The fuel pressure goes to about 450

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I would not recommend going WOT until you have a trusted tuner tune your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts