Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have a 2011 V coupe. Tank was down to about 1/8. Filled up and only took 48L to fill. Looked up the spec and it’s says 18g/68L. There is no way there was 20L still in the tank with the gauge showing 1/8. Seems like the tank is much smaller? What are your experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
It’s right at 18 us gallons.

Perhaps it shut off early on you and you needed to restart it? (The dispenser)

Or you could have a fuel sender issue. The tank uses two of them.

Also, most late model cars bias the gauge so people don’t run out of fuel pushing it.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
There was a great article in either Car & Driver or Motor Trend several years ago called “Is Your Fuel Gauge Lying to You?” about how fuel gauges are deliberately programmed to promote filling up before the tank is actually empty.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I generally don’t run it that low but with the price of fuel these days I was prolonging to fill it up hoping that the price drops. No such luck lol.

My C6 has same capacity and it takes much more to fill. Not sure what’s up. Gauge reads full so didn’t shut off prematurely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
My 14 Coupe will take 14-15G if I wait until the low fuel warning comes on. That's about 53L, not too far off what you took, which was a little less but with a bit more in the tank.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
20L sounds about right. A little after I hit empty and the low fuel warning comes on I have about 2 gal or 7.5L left. I think the fuel gauge doesn't include that amount in the display.

Reactions: Mystical
1 - 7 of 7 Posts