Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to start a new thread instead of using the older one. Currently entertaining a job offer out of the country, and looking to part with my V as I will not be bringing it with me...and would rather not let it sit in the garage rotting away while I'm gone.

A little about the car: It's not my daily driver, but I do still take it out on the weekends, so the mileage may change a little. I would say 90% of the miles have been highway "road trip" miles, with very little city driving. Never been to the track. The car is very tame and mild mannered, and drives and sounds like stock. Very well cared for and in excellent condition. Car is always garaged, and my OCD has me hand washing/waxing it almost as often as I drive it.

****SOLD****

2010 CTS-V Sedan
-Radiant Silver with Light Titanium Interior
-29,xxx miles
-Automatic
-Recaro's w/ Suede shifter/wheel
-Sunroof
-Polished wheels
-Clear bra on front and down sides
-Interior "piano black" wrapped with black brushed aluminum vinyl
-Newer Michelin Pilot Super Sports all the way around

Modifications:
-Fully forged bottom end
-LS9 cam
-WCCH Stage 2 heads
-Ported Blower
-9.1 lower, stock upper
-Kooks headers to hollowed cats to stock mufflers (no check engine light and easily passes smog)
-Fluidyne heat exchanger
-Yank SC Series converter
-Built and tuned by Leading Edge Performance in Las Vegas

Power:
Currently making around 600rwhp as it sits on 91 octane
Has made over 690 with 9.1/2.55 combo, with a lot left on the table

As I'm sure there's plenty that I may have missed, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice car, did Garth at LEP tune it? He did my old ZL1 convertible.
Thank you! And yeah, built and tuned by Garth. I've been using him for almost 10 years now and am continually amazed by his work and the cars that come out of his shop.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got back in town and answered all the pm's I had waiting for me...but still nothing yet. Will most likely post a separate ad for the extra stuff, but will still include it with the car if someone buys it before the other stuff sells.

Get in touch with me if you have any questions/offers for the car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey man. Your car looks killer! Nice job on the mods. I can vet for Garth at LEP if anyone is one the fence about this car. He does superior work out here in Las Vegas so you will have a solid car!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in any upgrades/parts you have available. Currently have an 09 with CAI, Lower Pulley, SW Headers and Corsa Exhaust. I know with the heat out here cooling is key but let me know if you have anything available!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey man. Your car looks killer! Nice job on the mods. I can vet for Garth at LEP if anyone is one the fence about this car. He does superior work out here in Las Vegas so you will have a solid car!
Thank you! And yes, Garth does awesome work. He's been my go-to guy since he opened up shop years ago. He never disappoints! Don't have any extras, but PM me and we can talk about the cooling mods on the car. Even in stop and go traffic in 110+ degree LV temps, this car never heats up of has never given me any problems.

·
here nor there
4,201 Posts
Good seller. I bought Eibachs from the OP and they were shipped very quickly. I had a tracking number within minutes of sending payment.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good seller. I bought Eibachs from the OP and they were shipped very quickly. I had a tracking number within minutes of sending payment.
Thank you...glad I could help! Not sure I'll be able to ship the car quite as fast as I did the springs, but I'll try.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, currently out of town and don't have anything to work off of but my memory (which has seen better days). Stock crank, Lunati rods, Wiseco pistons, everything held together with ARP. I don't know all of the specifics, but if you're interested I'm sure you can make a quick call to Garth at LEP and he would be able to tell you everything you would want to know about it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
With the pistons being forged, does Garth recommend that you let the engine warm up before driving it or do you just get in it and go?

I'm asking because, in my STi, the builder recommended that I let the engine warm up before driving it due to the contraction/expansion properties of forged aluminum and the piston to wall clearance change from a cold to warm engine. Long story short, it's kind of annoying to have to let my car warm up all the time, lol. So I'm wondering if that's something that is true for all forged internal engines or if it's just a Subaru thing.

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
With the pistons being forged, does Garth recommend that you let the engine warm up before driving it or do you just get in it and go?

I'm asking because, in my STi, the builder recommended that I let the engine warm up before driving it due to the contraction/expansion properties of forged aluminum and the piston to wall clearance change from a cold to warm engine. Long story short, it's kind of annoying to have to let my car warm up all the time, lol. So I'm wondering if that's something that is true for all forged internal engines or if it's just a Subaru thing.
All depends on clearances. It's not about brand, it's about selection of parts and the tradeoffs that come with them. Among forged components there are even differences. There are many kinds of alloys so you have a wide array here

1 - 20 of 53 Posts