Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had a 2.45 upper and fast injectors installed but have what feels like an intermittent surge at rpm levels under 2k but above idle. it's more noticeable when in top gear doing 60 or so with a steady throttle. the tuner folks can't reproduce it but a caddy mechanic can! his tests indicate that the long term trim has been disabled and he believes that cause it to always "hunt."

can anyone comment on this before i suggest to the tuner to re-enable that trim?

thanks in advance, guys.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i've had a 2.45 upper and fast injectors installed but have what feels like an intermittent surge at rpm levels under 2k but above idle. it's more noticeable when in top gear doing 60 or so with a steady throttle. the tuner folks can't reproduce it but a caddy mechanic can! his tests indicate that the long term trim has been disabled and he believes that cause it to always "hunt."

can anyone comment on this before i suggest to the tuner to re-enable that trim?

thanks in advance, guys.
If it's tuned properly the Ltft being off won't be the issue. I will say the garbage fast injectors would def be part of your issue. Literally the worst Injector ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
12,965 Posts

thanks in advance, guys.
Could be tune related but may also be related to the Fast injectors having bad data because well, there is none for them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be tune related but may also be related to the Fast injectors having bad data because well, there is none for them.
dude, i'm your goddamn customer! when u offered to sell, u could've suggested a tuner that used the id brand. instead after u rec'd my funds, u would barely answer my questions.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Might want to clarify that situation and working relationship a bit...as I don't believe Matt to have ever endorsed the use of FAST injectors and his customer service has always been exceptional.

If you are working with him on the tune...well he's not wrong. Hard to adjust for injectors when you have no clue how they'll operate.

Reactions: random84

·
Vendor
12,965 Posts
Dude, You told me that your tuner wanted to use Fast after I told you I used other brands. I can only make suggestions, I cannot force you to buy a superior product. I answer questions for everyone constantly including your questions about your dealer mechanic having pulley issues. Literally any tuner should be able to use the ID brand if they want to.

You won't find a single person that will tell you I suggested the use of Fast 85lb injectors on these cars but I have sold a set or two to people who have asked me for them on cars I will not be tuning because I am a Fast dealer and use other products of theirs.

Also to clarify I have nothing to do with the tuning of this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
16,994 Posts
I gotta call you out Verbose. Blaming others for your poor choices after the fact is a low blow.

This forum will always help you, but have some ownership.

Going cheap on injectors bit you. Buy some good injectors and maybe rethink the attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fast 85 injectors are really only like 70-72 injectors

Reactions: Lt1z

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Just consider yourself lucky that you have a chance to fix it properly now. Many others have not been that fortunate with an incompetent tuner.

Reactions: IHVOCD and t.j.t

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
haha Matts one of the best people to deal with by subtly telling you what to do without telling you what to do. Its your choice to listen or go your own direction.

And im fairly sure had you handled this differently and talked to him something could have been worked out.

I bought a oil pump from a random member then realized it wasnt the correct oil pump for my needs. Turned out matt sold the oil pump to the other guy for a different project of his and matt took it back the oil pump from ME for credit from a different oil pump.... One of the craziest "ill bail you out" gestures from a vendor on here. I would never expect that service but Ive bought a decent amount of stuff from him and im sure he wouldn't lead you to use those injectors unless you or your tuner insisted. matter of fact, let me take a stab at the conversation...

"hey I need some injectors from my V, do you guys sell FAST?"

"We do but in our builds we like to use ID injectors"

"Yeah but they are expensive and my tuner said I would be good"

"$XXX"

"k ill order them"

Take the above lightly, as mentioned you haven't lost anything other then some friends on this forum, pick up some good injectors and sell the ones you have, you might lose a few bucks but take it as a lesson. Good information is hard to come by and those that offer it dont have a lot of time to waste.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
haha Matts one of the best people to deal with by subtly telling you what to do without telling you what to do. Its your choice to listen or go your own direction.

this ^

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

And im fairly sure had you handled this differently and talked to him something could have been worked out.

I bought a oil pump from a random member then realized it wasnt the correct oil pump for my needs. Turned out matt sold the oil pump to the other guy for a different project of his and matt took it back the oil pump from ME for credit from a different oil pump.... One of the craziest "ill bail you out" gestures from a vendor on here. I would never expect that service but Ive bought a decent amount of stuff from him and im sure he wouldn't lead you to use those injectors unless you or your tuner insisted. matter of fact, let me take a stab at the conversation...

"hey I need some injectors from my V, do you guys sell FAST?"

"We do but in our builds we like to use ID injectors"

"Yeah but they are expensive and my tuner said I would be good"

"$XXX"

"k ill order them"

Take the above lightly, as mentioned you haven't lost anything other then some friends on this forum, pick up some good injectors and sell the ones you have, you might lose a few bucks but take it as a lesson. Good information is hard to come by and those that offer it dont have a lot of time to waste.
look, i feel you, k. i will live with my choice but in my case, post-sale customer service was lacking.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts