Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it only took about two weeks but I got my first warning from the police about no front plate on the car. What is everyone using in the states that require a front plate? I hate to put one on since it ruins the look of the whole front of the car IMO, but it looks like I'm going to have to. I have seen the tow hook mount ones but not sure how they attach. If anyone has some pics of different ways they mounted theirs, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep I'm from IL too. Ive gotten harassed in my pickup for not having one but never in a nice sports car. I'd personally wait for the ticket, then decide. Have never been warned in the V or any of the vettes. Most officers have an appreciation for American Muscle and, although its their job, let it go 99% of the time. Limo tint isnt exactly legal either but sure looks good and have only been picked up in Indiana. No ticket.

·
Super Moderator
20,662 Posts
Search would have been my recommendation.

Rho-Plate is what most of us have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My RHO plate is the shit. It's off at the moment, so i'll snap some pics

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. Karch, I did a search but I didn't see much for pics of the RHO mount and don't want to spend $100 for something I've never seen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Search would have been my recommendation.

Rho-Plate is what most of us have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah....stop wasting your time posting which could create dialogue that you might actually learn from. Cause forums are for search tool use only.

I'm just kidding. Too funny, Karch

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol... touche, Karch

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Zip tied directly to the lower grill is what I do. The rho looks like shit. Not spending $99 for something a few pennies can take care of.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have rubbing issues? Would think that the zip ties arent strong enough keep the plate perfectly still
That sounds like something you should see a doctor about...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have the rho plate also. I want as much air as possible to get through the grills. I keep it in my trunk but I haven't been stopped in this car for the four years I've owned it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyone got installation pics or just pics in general (of the rho-plate, not yourselves....)?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 28 Posts