Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Wood Tread

Car on jack stands for other adventures and noticed today that the front bushing on my passenger LCA is leaking. Dry above, almost 100% coming from bushing. It's liquid filled?

Easiest path to replacement a whole new LCA? I have a press, I honestly hate press setup with oddball shapes like the LCA.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yes, I thought they were dry and was informed that they are in fact filled. My passenger side was replaced under warranty by Cadillac years ago.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
92k miles. Should I just order both sides?

Worth marking their positions prior to install of new? I know an alignment is in order afterwards, but try to get close.

Nordlocks necessary, or just getting back to proper torque values good enough?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I would do both just in case.

I would mark them to get them close and then get an alignment.

From what I have gathered Nordlocks and proper torque is the way to go.

But someone more knowledgeable and has actually done this may step in to correct me.

Reactions: Spearfishin

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Went back to shop. I honestly see no evidence of ANY liquid at all above or in front of the front bushing in question. It's leaking purplish/bluish/greasy substance. Your photo of engine mount shows what I'd call "used motor oil" coloration.

Dry above/around LCA bushing (ETA, this is front LCA bushing, the one that appears to be leaking):
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior Rim

Sleeve Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part

But, the answer can be you're right AND I'm right.... right?

Start shining handy dandy light toward rear of the LCA bushings, and wouldn't you know, there's a motor mount above that one...and wouldn't you know, motor mount bolt is barely dripping "dark amber used oil"......dammit. ETA, this is rear bushing of front LCA, with motor mount above it. Bushing is dry. Motor mount, and motor mount bolt, not so much.
Automotive tire Grey Gas Rim Auto part

·
Registered
34 Posts
FWIW I replaced my motor mounts at 27k miles for the same reason OP. Installed creative steel street mounts and haven’t looked back.

Reactions: MrSurly
1 - 11 of 11 Posts