Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I make the right choice choosing Frankenstein M311 heads over the Texas Speed PRC 260cc heads?
The M311s are currently installed now and just waiting for custom pushrods to arrive.

Basic build:
416, Kong 2650, Custom Stroker cam and FBO.

Note: These are the non boosted version because I purchased before the boosted option was available.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Rubber Duck

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just need a cam to match the heads you have.
I got GP Tuning to spec me a custom stroker cam for a 416 and the 2650.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Did I make the right choice choosing Frankenstein M311 heads over the Texas Speed PRC 260cc heads?
The M311s are currently installed now and just waiting for custom pushrods to arrive.

Basic build:
416, Kong 2650, Custom Stroker cam and FBO.

Note: These are the non boosted version because I purchased before the boosted option was available.
Pic?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,437 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The heads on the block
Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the present time since my car is at the performance shop (90min away).

The only pic I have is this one as they ran into issues to getting the headers back past the tab on the heads.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any pics at the present time since my car is at the performance shop (90min away).

The only pic I have is this one as they ran into issues to getting the headers back past the tab on the heads. View attachment 154375
Couldn't cut the tab?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Couldn't cut the tab?
They were unwilling to do any cutting on heads, so at my request they dented the headers (ARH 1 7/8). I think only 2inch headers clear the tab and I did not want to spend another 2k + for headers, so I had them dent one of the primaries. I hope it doesn't hurt performance to much, but I didn't think spending all that money was worth it. I could be wrong. I'll find out what kind of power it will make soon.

Here's a before and after denting::cautious:

Green Product Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Speed engineering 2 in headers.
According to Frankenstein those headers don't fit these heads without modifications.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Hotsoss

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
They were unwilling to do any cutting on heads, so at my request they dented the headers (ARH 1 7/8). I think only 2inch headers clear the tab and I did not want to spend another 2k + for headers, so I had them dent one of the primaries. I hope it doesn't hurt performance to much, but I didn't think spending all that money was worth it. I could be wrong. I'll find out what kind of power it will make soon.

Here's a before and after denting::cautious:

View attachment 154382
FWIW Enginemasters dented the absolute fuck out of some headers and did back to back engine dynos and found it didn't really matter.
It looks ugly but I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FWIW Enginemasters dented the absolute fuck out of some headers and did back to back engine dynos and found it didn't really matter.
It looks ugly but I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but was unsure. Thanks man 👍

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.