Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says wondering for those who are making big power are you replacing the stock Trans cooler or adding one in line with the stock one? Or is the stock Trans cooler sufficient enough to keep the heat in check? Thoughts....

·
Vendor
12,808 Posts
Just like the title says wondering for those who are making big power are you replacing the stock Trans cooler or adding one in line with the stock one? Or is the stock Trans cooler sufficient enough to keep the heat in check? Thoughts....
You can't really have too much cooling. Do you have a higher stall speed converter? Where are the temps at now? With that type of power you aren't running this car on 20 minute road course sessions so I doubt it is seeing extreme fluid temps with street driving and drag use.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just like the title says wondering for those who are making big power are you replacing the stock Trans cooler or adding one in line with the stock one? Or is the stock Trans cooler sufficient enough to keep the heat in check? Thoughts....[/QUOTEI

Hey I have a twin turbo V and installed a 40,000 GVW trans cooler , and it works amazing on and off the track

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/QUOTEI

Hey I have a twin turbo V and installed a 40,000 GVW trans cooler , and it works amazing on and off the track[/QUOTE]

Did you mount in stock location or?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can't really have too much cooling. Do you have a higher stall speed converter? Where are the temps at now? With that type of power you aren't running this car on 20 minute road course sessions so I doubt it is seeing extreme fluid temps with street driving and drag use.
It has a higher stall and is a built transmission. I was just curious to see if there was a need for it. Temps are good I haven’t seen it go over 185 on the hottest day. Usually sticks around 165-175..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to run an extra cooler in line with the stock one. For those who want to do the same get a good tube style and shove it wherever you can. Most say you don’t need it but I’m going to add one just in case. Won’t hurt I guess.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
[/QUOTEI

Hey I have a twin turbo V and installed a 40,000 GVW trans cooler , and it works amazing on and off the track
Did you mount in stock location or?[/QUOTE]

What cooler did you go with?

I been looking at the Tru-Cool 45kGVM UNIT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts