Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a front pair of Recaros in very good condition. Removed from my wrecked sportwagon. Priced at a $3400 option over the price of stock seats from the factory, these are near impossible to purchase from a dealer as far as my research has shown. GM lists a part number for them, but no price. A call to GM HQ could not reveal an actual price, it's basically you pay what they cost, but it was estimated that if they had to be replaced outright you could expect a 5-6K bill. Your only other option(new) is to buy each individual part from GM and build them yourself.

Everything works. Fans, heaters, lumbar air bladders and pumps, motors ,etc. NOT included are the side impack bolster airbags or the seatbelt pre tensioners as I cannot ship them with those parts intact(HAZMAT). If you would like to pick them up, I can provide you with the factory passenger side bag and tensioner, drivers side has been sold

Being that I don't know where to price these out at, I'm going to start at $2500 + frieght and see where we go. Feel free to make offers, but don't expect me to give these away for free :cool: I'd just make a nice set of lounge chairs for the shop at that rate.

Feel free to give me a call on my shop cell 518-225-8384 anytime 10am to 10pm eastern time, email me at [email protected], or post here.

Cheers!

-Adam

·
Super Moderator
8,636 Posts
Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe he is upstate New York. This could work out well for you Joey!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am located in upstate NY, about twenty minutes west of the Albany capitol(zip 12137 for specifics).

Feel free to give me a call if you would like to talk. 518-225-8384.

Regards,

-Adam

·
Registered
975 Posts
Most importantly - what's going in their place???

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately nothing. The car is damaged and getting sold off. I only pulled these from the chassis as I had a local who intended to buy them but in the six months between then and now he sold his ctsv for a zr1 and doesn't need/want them now. Remainder of the car is being sold as a whole

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
I wonder if ppl that don't have recaros now would have to install a new harness to get the vents working.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If someone can snap and post a picture of the lower harness plugs under their standard seat I could tell you. Most GM's that I've dealt with utilize the same harness between trim models.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I wonder if ppl that don't have recaros now would have to install a new harness to get the vents working.
Typically all the harnesses are the same, when options are deleted or not used the plugs are still there. Potential buyers would want to verify this though lol

·
WhO mE?
1,671 Posts
The harness will plug right in but the A/C seats will not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah these are not AC equipped. Heating elements and four DC cooling fans in them that are powered off the main seat harness.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Hmmmm.

$2500 + freight, huh? Would you be able to throw in the accompanying panel with the temp controls? I suspect that is needed as well for a swap. Those seats look in pretty good shape.

Funny these would come up just as I'm looking at moving to a 6MT wagon with Recaros and called a dealer about a used one today.

This could be enough to change my mind....sleeping on it to decide when clear-headed.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
BTW can't I just use the seatbelts and pretensioners in my own V sedan with these?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got to keep all the climate control together in the car. I have a potential buyer who has already made an offer for the remainder of the car as it currently sits, I'm just awaiting some confirmation on things here. If for some reason that changes of falls through I could possibly work something out with this..

I can't honestly say whether the SRS components are the same or not. I may be able to find out though tomorrow with a call to Crest Cadillac in the area here to see if the parts cross reference between the seats or not.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have an interested buyer from the forum here right now, so for them moment these are considered sold pending funds. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have been waiting for a check from this potential buyer for weeks now and am not going to wait any longer. These seats are back up for sale. They are currently crated for freight shipment via Forward Air, last estimated shipment fee was about 450 to the middle of Texas. UPS will ship these, but the last quote I got for this service was about $250 PER seat going to a destination in North Carolina. These are just for your reference, give me your zip code and I'll get you an exact quote for the shipping service that is cheapest to you.

If you'd like to speak to me directly, please call me on my shop phone(518-225-838 four)

Cheers!

-Adam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts