Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the rare chance there have been some that did an iron block (LSX, Dart, RHS) that also do track days, how negatively did it affect your handling? Did you do anything to compensate for the extra weight on the front (sway bar, bigger front tires, spring rates)?

I've been more of street/drag guy forever but want to try out some track days at some point. I actually considered selling the V and getting an Evora but really love the V and I know it does pretty good on the track...and likely WAY more car than my abilities will ever be. About to do a full rebuild and haven't decided fully on Dart SHP or sleeving the LSA block. Leaning toward the LSA.

Also, I realize that anything will work, and being a novice at the curves that probably won't have the time to do many track days, it's probably not critical. Just wondering what some that might have done an iron block had for actual real world impact at the curvy track.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Weight is weight - doesn't matter what's under the hood. With the V on a road course you need to understand momentum and weight transfer. Tracking a 4500+ pound car is hard on the brakes and suspension and you need to adjust your driving style to dial out the understeer. Point and shoot, then understand what you need to get it through the twisties, thats were the real fun is.

·
Registered
TBSS, Corvette FRC, RS 3
37 Posts
Weight is weight - doesn't matter what's under the hood. With the V on a road course you need to understand momentum and weight transfer. Tracking a 4500+ pound car is hard on the brakes and suspension and you need to adjust your driving style to dial out the understeer. Point and shoot, then understand what you need to get it through the twisties, thats were the real fun is.
All of the above and I'll just add that heat is gonna be a big enemy as well. More than likely, whatever cooler(s) you have on your car are not going to be up to the task for continued lapping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts