Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting tinted today. 5 for the rears. Texas sun is brutal. Debating between 35 and 18 for the front, as thats all they had in stock for the carbon stuff I wanted. My last car had 30 in front and I felt it wasn't dark enough. I drove my friends V3 with 20 in the front and could see great out of the passenger mirror, but the auto dim for the drivers side was a little dim. I am thinking of disabling the auto dim. There doesn't appear to be a fuse specifically for it, but I'm sure something could be done with the wiring. Well see. In any case, what are your experienced with tint and if you have any pictures please share!

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,799 Posts
There are some good threads about window tint on here, probably in the V2 Appearance area, lots of pictures.
I have a V2 sedan, I believe 20% ceramic all around, and 50% on the windshield.
I can see find, day or night. The only real time I have an issue is leaving my driveway when it’s pitch dark, making sure I don’t cut it and go in the ditch. But, I live in the country, so it gets dark. No light pollution.
My Pano liner is always rolled up, and I have LED interior lights. Never been pulled over, but if it happens, roll down the windows and turn on the map lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Skyview
609 Posts
Go to your doctor and get a Texas window tint exemption. Tell your doc you drive home from work everyday and the sun blinds you and gives you a headache, sunglasses don’t work. Send it in to the state, and no more worries about cops. Get it as dark as you want! It’s easy peasy! Did it!

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I ended up with Suntek CXP 18 in the front and 5 all around the back. I really like it. Pics coming soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

I believe mine is 35% front and 20% rear. I’m in California so can’t really go any darker here or else I would get pulled over. This is actually illegal here as it’s illegal to have ANY front tint in California. But most cops don’t care around here unless it’s real dark.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
544 Posts
I just did 35% all around. I'm in the Gestapo State of NJ and haven't had any issues. Never did the front, though, but I might even have been able to get 50 or 35 past it.

·
Registered
2019 Black Raven
5 Posts
When I bought my V3 used, it had 5% on all windows and the front windshield had a lighter tint. I removed the windshield tint, put on a 5% eyebrow and left the rest. I do have to roll down my windows when backing into my garage at night but other than that I have had no issues at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
20% sides/back carbon 3M
I was initially hoping for a 30 but they didn't have it. Was hesitant at first but now no regrets!
This is with sunroof closed, but you with it open, it lightens slightly.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts