Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I'd consolidate and start my own thread on the epic journey that has been my build.

Quick back story.
Like all of us it started small. And like most of us here it progressed at an alarming rate like a black hole until it collapsed in upon itself. After blowing the motor in Sept of 14' I sat looking at the car trying to decide what to do. So like any normal person I decided to go full "R word".
Strip the interior
Full Cage
Ditch the blower for big inch N/A action
Wide body
Dry sump
Fire system
Aero

Starting to strip interior

Wide body
All steel Wide body for 11" fronts and 12" rears

Cage / Steering / Pedals
Full SCCA/NASA roll Cage, wilwood pedal assembly, sweet steering column w/ quick release, MOMO wheel, racepak dash, lexan windows

Paint
Corvette arctic white

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Engine
5.3 block sleeved by Steve @ R.E.D.
4.190 bore x 4.00 stroke 441"
Manley rods, Carillo pistons, WCCH brodix LS7 heads, mamo'd MSD intake, ARE dry sump

Aero
72" rear wing with custom frame mounted uprights, custom front splitter with frame mounted support structure, C6 rear diffuser and undertray, trackspec hood vents, aerotec latches

Finished pics

Now for the people to thank
#1 my wife for putting up with a 2 year marathon that I tried to pull the plug on twice and kept me up countless nights.
#2 Kushan @ Excelsior motorsports for building this beautiful machine and proving to me that the wait would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Good to see this thing rolling Blake. It's beautiful. Congrats on getting it down to 3350lbs. That's incredible.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Crazy build! Should be a monster.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
So badass! In for some racing videos!

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Wow. This is incredible. Looking forward to seeing vids.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice Job, congrats. Can you get it under 3000 pounds ?
I'm shocked that he was able to pull 9 midgets out of the car already.

Impressive build!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow that looks great! I always love seeing people go all out on cars like this, Someone on the GTO forum a while back did the same with their car, it was super cool to watch it progress. Did you dyno the new motor? I had a stock MSD atomic on my old LS6 block and it made great power.

·
Registered
690 Posts
3350....wow

·
Vendor
1,742 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it on the track. Big Congrats!

·
Registered
632 Posts
They prefer to be called dwarfs or little people, just saying. LOL
That may be true... but "midget" is the correct unit of vehicular weight measurement, or 100 pounds per midget.

·
Registered
775 Posts
What a build, and 3 pedals at that. I bet she's a blast on the track.

The amount of weight you've dropped is impressive, very impressive.

So like any regular ctsvowners.com member I decided to go full "R word".
Fixed it for you.

Again nice work, post videos of that beast when you can. Would like to see some interior clips too of bangin gears.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Very nice build, but it is still so heavy. From Stock the sedan is what 4200ish ? Impressive to get that much weight out of it and down to 3350.Please post some trak video's

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Looks AWESOME! I am totally jealous. I was considering turning mine into an all out track car......until my wife had to shut her business down :( That thing is going to be awesome carving turns! Enjoy the hell out of it!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Engine dyno added.

After I get the car broken in and enjoy it a little I'll consider a stage 2 weight reduction. There are few more places to lose a little weight.

As it sits I might have to add ballast weight to compete in NASA TT1 anyways

1 - 20 of 145 Posts