Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was waiting for fall weather before I took my new to me 2010 A6 V to the track, DA turned out to be ~200 at Ubly dragway. Car is stock on Continental Extreme DWs at the wear bars so I knew launching was going to be tricky. After reading up on here and following B T Williams process (thanks btw) i finally managed my first ever 11 second pass !!!! 1.78 60' 11.95 @ 118. Backed that up with 5 more passes 11.9-12.0. I think a 11.8 is possible it is tough playing the throttle game at the line....

I have the itch now to go faster... 11s didn't feel as fast as i thought it would coming from a GTO M6 that ran mid 12's. I'm thinking airaid 2.45 upper 1050id and e85 this spring. I need to replace the tires, I was thinking new continental extremes but with the new mods maybe i will need a DR? Can this achieve 10.9s?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice!
Those mods should get you there with drag radials. You'll burn through street tires and get frustrated. I have almost that set-up with a 2.38 pulley (running 10.75 on DR). DA of 1800' last Sunday. Another V sedan at the track had a 2.45 upper and was doing 10.55! Both running E85, ZL1 lid and heat exchangers. He had a tank but forgot to bring ice. I think the difference was in the tune (his was Rick Crawford). Mine was pretty conservative for Road course.
You may burn up your cats so either high performance ones, gut them, down pipes, or go all in with headers. We both had downpipes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts