Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question guys. I went to a 416 stroker, 8.6 lower pulley from a 9.2 and stage 3 BTR cam from a stage 2 BTR cam. My question is, would it be safe to start the car with the tune for my previous mods in my signature? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Rubber Duck

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same injectors? If so, should be ok, but…let’s see what @Lt1z says.
Do NOT go into boost. I would pull the belt.
Yes sir same injectors

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Do you have HP Tuners? If so watch your fuel trims until you can get it to your tuner. As previously stated- stay out of boost until a proper tune adjustment has been done.

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Also, if you have HP Tuners, your tuner can give you a startup config file to load until they can work on it.

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Based on my own past experience with "first starts", I highly recommend you keep a fire extinguisher handy...
Ok, you gotta dish on that...

· Premium Member
5,972 Posts
Question guys. I went to a 416 stroker, 8.6 lower pulley from a 9.2 and stage 3 BTR cam from a stage 2 BTR cam. My question is, would it be safe to start the car with the tune for my previous mods in my signature? Thanks in advance
Screw this one up Mr. Big, and the rules say. . . Your Outa Here!. ;) ;)

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Ok, you gotta dish on that...
Didn't fully seat one of the injector fuel lines when I installed a Vortech on my 02Z06. Started up fine. Amazingly, actually. Bolted everything together and flashed the ECU and it kicked over on the first crank. I was surprised and delighted. Until the the motor caught fire because an injector was leaking fuel. Put it out right away (well, after a mad 10 second scramble for the extinguisher) with no damage besides some melted wires and hoses I had to replace. Hood was up, luckily so no body parts got singed.

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Started the car and it runs like crap. Started up on first try and it sounded like it was missing. Checked everything over and found nothing so far. CEL was on for knock sensor. Pulled all wires and each one was firing properly

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same injectors? If so, should be ok, but…let’s see what @Lt1z says.
Do NOT go into boost. I would pull the belt.
Yes same injectors

1 - 17 of 17 Posts