Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Look for Randoms or JAustins build threads and copy one of their setups. Thank me later.😁

• Haha
Reactions: RedTXV and loweredd

· Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Here is my advice. A lot, and I mean a LOT has been covered here on good first round mods. You’re on the right track. Do a little digging around before you ask questions. Most members here are more than willing to help, but if they think you’re just being lazy, you’ll know it real quick like.

And lose the Olan Mills avatar. ;)

Good luck and happy reading!

· Registered
1,582 Posts
My opinion is the place to start is to decide where you want to end. That helps you avoid going down any dead ends or circles. I did my build in three stages, but had decided on everything before I started except E85. I added that at the end.

· Registered
4,438 Posts
Go through the following attachment to a sticky thread.

Nearly every permutation of mix and match in here along with corresponding HP that has been made.

Read signature and you will begin to notice the reoccurring combinations that dovetail into the following link.

· Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
69 Posts
Go through the following attachment to a sticky thread.

Nearly every permutation of mix and match in here along with corresponding HP that has been made.

Read signature and you will begin to notice the reoccurring combinations that dovetail into the following link.

Not to hijack this thread (although pretty soon the OP is going to be afraid to say anything else anyway, so it won't matter much). I did exactly what you said here. Started by printing out the first 60 or so pages of that thread, and reading through it while on a flight to buy my first V (also an 09, from another member). Then read up on as many other threads as I could. I came up with a plan that fits my current budget of about $5k. Since I have you all here now, can I get your $.02?

Texas Speed 2" headers and catted X pipe (just delivered, getting installed this weekend)
WeaponX HX (ordered)
Varimax HX Pump (ordered)
160 t-stat (ordered)
2.55" Griptech upper pulley kit (100mm idler, LPE solid isolator, gates HD belt)
NGK TR7IX plugs
Flex Fuel Sensor
ID1050x Injectors
~Tune

Does this look like a good starting point to you guys? I saw that a lot of people stepped up to an ice box pretty early in their builds, but I was hoping to hold off for now since the car will only see a "curiosity" pass at the track, and the occasional 70-130 run on the highway here and there ;-). Anything you guys think I should do differently? Also, at what point is a tune NECESSARY? i.e. COULD I throw the pulley, plugs and injectors on it and still drive it to a tuner if I don't just go the Pat G route? Or should I have a general starter tune loaded for after those parts are installed?

Thanks! (and Cheers Bruce :geek:)

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Need a tune when the injectors are installed. If you buy HP tuners your tuner should be able to give you a startup tune to drive to him. Some people recommend just changing injectors in the parking lot :) The upper pulley would be OK to drive as long as you don't go into boost. Flex fuel sensor won't be used until activated in the tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.