Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wrap is very sweet. I really like the white piping on the carbon fiber. Where did you get those side skirts? I was looking at having my chrome painted as I want my grill blacked out so I just figured why it’s in the body shop paint it all.
Any main reason you went with the wrap instead of paint?

· Registered
1,055 Posts
The wrap is very sweet. I really like the white piping on the carbon fiber. Where did you get those side skirts? I was looking at having my chrome painted as I want my grill blacked out so I just figured why it’s in the body shop paint it all.
Any main reason you went with the wrap instead of paint?
We have three options to black out the chrome on the Vs, here is my opinion.
1) Wrap it. Pros: Cheapest option, lasts long, easy to repair if it is chipped. Is removable for resale. Cons: Doesn't have the high gloss as paint, "orange peel" look from close.
2) Paint it. Pros: Looks awesome. Cons: Front end is exposed to rock chips, from my experience, doesn't hold up well on the front grill. More expensive.
3) Get the Pedestal Edition trim. It came from the factory gloss black, I don't know the part numbers but they are out there. Probably the most expensive but obviously OEM quality. I still dont think the front grill and surround came black from the factory, so still need a front end solution for this option.

Then you have to decide if you want to black out your emblems and handles as well, that adds additional work.

My side skirts are the EOS, the quality is pretty awesome and had them within a week of order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.