Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I’m a new cts v coupe owner and also new forum participant. I just bought my dream car 2013 stealth blue cts v coupe yesterday. Brought it to my mechanic this morning and he ran a diagnostics test (all good) and did some mechanical testing. Ruled out everything was in great condition except the rear differential. It needs to be completely replaced. Hopefully the warrantee company covers it. I will know Monday. But if you guys have any advice, info, preventative maintenance etc. I truly appreciate it!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Welcome to the madness, cool color! There’s a lot of good reading here, normal Maintenance is about it, how do you know the diff is shot?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Don’t forget headers, new cam, all the supporting goodies, upper and lower pullies and ported heads and supercharger! That should make you part ways with a few thousand dollars of your hard earned money!
I was just speaking to what the first money should be spent on in preparation for all those other things you mentioned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the madness, cool color! There’s a lot of good reading here, normal Maintenance is about it, how do you know the diff is shot?
Thanks! My mechanic did a thorough service check and diagnosed that. warranty company searched for part, only to find a Remanufactured one.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
342 Posts
Welcome to th CTS V(Coupe) family brother! I’ve had my V for 1 1/2 years now and love it more and more everyday! These cars are amazing from bumper to bumper, inside and out!
Advice, hmmmmmm, my best advice would be if your front end is still in good shape as far as the paint and all, get a good clear bra to protect it. Those rocks and debris will beat up your paint badly! Which is not cool at all! I added mine immediately
Enjoy all the HP my friend and keep us posted on your mods. Car looks awesome!

PS get a radar detector

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
238 Posts
I actually like that color ! Enjoy your V bro ! As far as rear diff, it seems to be a hit or miss. My 2nd diff right now is starting to make the noise at 50-60 mph again... only have about 15 1/4 mile passes on it, GF 9in seems to be the way to go, even thu it costs an arm and a leg.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,225 Posts
Thanks! My mechanic did a thorough service check and diagnosed that. warranty company searched for part, only to find a Remanufactured one.
I only saw this today, this raised an alarm in my head....
please understand that THERE are NO true REMANUFACTURED stock diffs available for gen 2 Vs.
there are brand new and there are used.
However there is one shop (in GA I think) that CLAIMS to have reman units, but I spoke with him at length and learned that he buys used ones, freshens the bearings and that’s it, as there are no new gears available anywhere. So, what you get is a crap shoot as far as how much noise it will make. Also, he says that “since these are performance cars, there’s no warranty”.
Run. If anyone claims they have reman, just run away. New from GM is the only way and they have a two year warranty.
Same unit can be sourced through Rock Auto as well.
There are also aftermarket conversions to Ford based units if you get really serious about tracking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts