Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2.4 griptech, 1050x injectors, test pipes etc. Car puts put near 15lbs of boost. Seems high but logs show it's running healthy. Currently sits around 578hp 579tq on dynojet.

Tuner recommends long tubes next which will lower boost but allow more flow and power. Car runs really damn good. It's never felt smoother, idles quieter and smoother than it did before mods. Just surprised me with peak boost numbers seems high.

Deff loving the car more than ever.

Core short throw shifter is amazing. Rifle crisp. Whole experience is fantastic now.

And the sound with test pipes to my corsa.... incredible. Sounds fucking crazy on wot and nice sound with day to day driving no drone at any point.

Sent from a misfiring cylinder

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice numbers. Who did your install and tune?

I'm just north of the border and not a lot of local trusted installers/tuners around here.

Cold weather, dense air, 14-15lbs ins't too surprising.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice numbers. Who did your install and tune?

I'm just north of the border and not a lot of local trusted installers/tuners around here.

Cold weather, dense air, 14-15lbs ins't too surprising.
Go see James Speidell at Speidell Supercars. Impeccable work and he is OCD about everything from install to tune. He does not let a car leave his shop that he wouldn't drive himself. Very transparent guy and up front. He tunes my buddy Marcos 700+ whp wagon and installs his parts too.

Reactions: TunedLS1

·
Registered
85 Posts
Damn. For some reason my brain automatically assumed you were in Minnesota, based on the 'MN' in your name, especially with the avatar with the snow (not that you don't get snow in NY of course).

Nice to hear about a shop that takes that much pride in their work though!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only issue I can see is I did a very hard pull with the car and now I have heavy fuel smell in the cabin. I heard I could get a little with test pipes but this smell happens every time I drive it now. I wonder if I got a leak after heat cycle. My clothes have the faint fuel smell after a 20min drive.

I hear I shouldn't have that much of a smell in the car.

Any other ideas besides leak?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Only issue I can see is I did a very hard pull with the car and now I have heavy fuel smell in the cabin. I heard I could get a little with test pipes but this smell happens every time I drive it now. I wonder if I got a leak after heat cycle. My clothes have the faint fuel smell after a 20min drive.

I hear I shouldn't have that much of a smell in the car.

Any other ideas besides leak?

Guessing leak. I have basically same setup and no smells.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The smallest leak can cause headaches...figurative and literal.
I just hope it's not an injector leak or something else. It smells like fuel. Like if I spilled a little in the cabin. If it's just exhaust leak I'll be happy. I just think it smells too much like fuel to be exhaust although I am tuned on the richer side to stay safer.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I just hope it's not an injector leak or something else. It smells like fuel. Like if I spilled a little in the cabin. If it's just exhaust leak I'll be happy. I just think it smells too much like fuel to be exhaust although I am tuned on the richer side to stay safer.

Leaking exhaust = annoying

Leaking injector = potential bbq.

Might be a good idea to cycle the key on and see if you notice any leaking from the injectors. First GM in 15 years, but imagine you can prime the pump and see if you have a leak at the rail or injector. Worst case let it run 30-60 seconds and check.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leaking exhaust = annoying

Leaking injector = potential bbq.

Might be a good idea to cycle the key on and see if you notice any leaking from the injectors. First GM in 15 years, but imagine you can prime the pump and see if you have a leak at the rail or injector. Worst case let it run 30-60 seconds and check.
So I crack the key to on without ignition and smell under the engine bay? If leaking I should be able to tell?

·
Registered
784 Posts
So I crack the key to on without ignition and smell under the engine bay? If leaking I should be able to tell?

That was the old school way, turn it to on, pump runs, pressurizes rail/injectors. See if anything is leaking. If not, turn it on for a minute and recheck/smell.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was the old school way, turn it to on, pump runs, pressurizes rail/injectors. See if anything is leaking. If not, turn it on for a minute and recheck/smell.
Turned it, heard pump prime no smell at all on either side. Has to be exhaust leak or box of stock parts in my hatch.

Reactions: Screw-Rice

·
Registered
784 Posts
Turned it, heard pump prime no smell at all on either side. Has to be exhaust leak or box of stock parts in my hatch.

Let it run too just to be sure? Does it take time to smell it or does it happen pretty quick? Sometimes unions will gap when hot but not cold. Others are just constant, had a header leak in the past that got worse over a 3 month period. Never fixed it because screw mod motors with 1/8" of room.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

If you have stock injectors sitting in the back, then yea removing those and letting her air out would be a good start!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Yeah for real. Raw fuel is nothing like exhaust leak!

You just got injectors so probably leaking at the fuel rail or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts