Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Bit of a fucking pickle here real soon...

I need a way to safely boost octane enough to make a ~100 mile drive to the nearest savior station on my way out of dodge.

I can only get a MAX of 91 here in San Angelo...and that's not even really "rural"...no E85 either and the closest for that is the I-20/206 interchange.

What's the good stuff? Torco? Boostane?

I should only need a one time use...and currently have about...3/8 tank of 93/E85 at 44% ethanol...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the tune being scaled the way it is I can't rely on the mileage or range anymore.

I'm not sure how aggressive the 93 octane tune is and I did not have it tuned on any other fuel besides E85.

Depending on a few factors I may be able to put a few gallons of 91 in just to make it to the next pump though honestly I'm not sure I want to take that chance unless I absolutely have to

·
Premium Member
6,934 Posts
With the tune being scaled the way it is I can't rely on the mileage or range anymore.

I'm not sure how aggressive the 93 octane tune is and I did not have it tuned on any other fuel besides E85.

Depending on a few factors I may be able to put a few gallons of 91 in just to make it to the next pump though honestly I'm not sure I want to take that chance unless I absolutely have to
Fuel mileage isn't really going to change from 91 to 93, just fill up and keep your foot out of it until you can refuel, or find a speed shop that may have drums of E.

·
Super Moderator
20,538 Posts
If knock sensors are enabled and low octane table is doing what it should, AND you keep your foot out of it, you should be ok.

The octane isn’t going to hurt you unless you put your foot into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,881 Posts
So. Bit of a fucking pickle here real soon...

I need a way to safely boost octane enough to make a ~100 mile drive to the nearest savior station on my way out of dodge.

I can only get a MAX of 91 here in San Angelo...and that's not even really "rural"...no E85 either and the closest for that is the I-20/206 interchange.

What's the good stuff? Torco? Boostane?

I should only need a one time use...and currently have about...3/8 tank of 93/E85 at 44% ethanol...

Just drive it easy until you are out of the 91 only area. 91 will be more then fine in low load areas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts