Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fasterproms tank and it has had a slow leak for a while. Cant seem to get on their schedule to get it fixed though. Anyone else experience this issue or know of a solution?

It appears to be leaking from around the top fitting, I tried using silicon sealant but that did not work. It leaks about 2 oz per day and eventually leaks enough to start sucking air through the intercooler. Also due to placement it leaks on electronics etc. So i definitely want to fix it.

How are the top fittings removed? I tried unscrewing the screws on the top but the rest of the fitting definitely was not loose, do they unscrew?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yea that cap is going to unscrew via the two indentions on it. There should be an oring on that portion. Must have been a custom tool required to take the cap off...such a great idea for the end user...

But it does look to be leaking around the screwed in ring, which has the female thread for the inside cap, and is mounted to the tank. Not sure how it is sealed. You'll need to get the cap out and determine how to get the ring out from there and how to seal up under it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that cap is going to unscrew via the two indentions on it. There should be an oring on that portion. Must have been a custom tool required to take the cap off...such a great idea for the end user...

But it does look to be leaking around the screwed in ring, which has the female thread for the inside cap, and is mounted to the tank. Not sure how it is sealed. You'll need to get the cap out and determine how to get the ring out from there and how to seal up under it.
The cap does come off easily, i mean the fitting that the cap screws into. I will be stopping by fasterproms tonight actually, they got back to me

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The cap does come off easily, i mean the fitting that the cap screws into. I will be stopping by fasterproms tonight actually, they got back to me
Aha! Sorry for misunderstanding!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think mine may be doing that as well, but I did overfill it and screwed the lid on. Im monitoring it, but I'm interested in what the fix is whenever it's figured out for you

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think mine may be doing that as well, but I did overfill it and screwed the lid on. Im monitoring it, but I'm interested in what the fix is whenever it's figured out for you

All that was needed to be done was unscrew the screws on the fitting, pop off the fitting with a thin pry bar/cutter thing, clean old sealant off, and add silicon gasket sealer (something like this I think : https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-22071-Thermostat-Silicone-Gasket/dp/B0007TQW60 ) around the fitting. Push it down, squish it back and forth a bit then retighten the bolts and let dry as long as possible. I drove it about 45 mins later and no leaks so far, I didnt drive hard though I want it to cure more.

So far so good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same box and at one point I had my hoses routed the wrong way so the pump forced water up from the bottom of the tank and out of the top to the lid. During WOT water was seeping out of the ring on the top badly. I switched the line direction and now don't have a problem.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have the same box and at one point I had my hoses routed the wrong way so the pump forced water up from the bottom of the tank and out of the top to the lid. During WOT water was seeping out of the ring on the top badly. I switched the line direction and now don't have a problem.
Mine is personally routed the way it is stock.

Reactions: MYV
1 - 8 of 8 Posts