Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We're offering an awesome deal and FREE shipping on our 2nd Gen CTS-V 4.5" Cold Air Intakes and Heat Block-off Panels!

CAI SALE.jpg

For just $515.00, you get:

(1) Fasterproms 4.5" Cold Air Intake with Green Filter
(1) Set of 4 Heat Block-off Panels
**Free Shipping to the lower 48 states!**

To order, please call 813-476-7364
We accept PayPal, Visa/MC/Amex.
Limited quantities available!

Thank you for your business!

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts
+1. Interested where the filter sits once installed, as I have a side swipe and don't like the lower duct location personally.

ETA: choice of couplers? I have an LS7 TB with no immediate plans for a 102mm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
in for pics installed

·
Premium Member
14,089 Posts

Found this when googling. Trying to compare this to the Dynospeed intake relative to MAF sensor location (and filter location).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Is this made of aluminum of steel? I currently have a New Era 4' but since its steel the pipe itself retains a lot of heat.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
My exact question before purchasing. It's aluminum and it fits really good with the stock filter cover housing. I just need to get an Outerwear filter cover when I get caught in the rain.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
+1. Interested where the filter sits once installed, as I have a side swipe and don't like the lower duct location personally.

ETA: choice of couplers? I have an LS7 TB with no immediate plans for a 102mm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Random, I was discussing this with my friend Mr. GoodCad. In my opinion directing any outside cooler air into this area with the Sideswipe is beneficial. Even if the filter is situated lower down in the pocket, cooler air will keep the intake tube cooler.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I have installed 3 of these with good results. No issues with fitment or MAF

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys, didn't realize we had so many questions here. I'll get some installed photos for you next time we install one. Please see the video above for now. Thanks Rick and Cal for your input!!

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Installed the Fasterproms 4.5" intake about 3-months ago. Definite improvement from the 4" intake I previously had.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
876 Posts
Can you use the Airaid cover with this intake ?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you use the Airaid cover with this intake ?
You can probably make it work. You can also use the stock airbox.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nice,Thanks !

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
You can probably make it work. You can also use the stock airbox.
I have the stock airbox and was wondering how to make the cover work...I guess I have to look at it closer!

I can say that I have this intake and it works great! It looks great too and it is so obvious how it only takes the cold air in and the hot engine air is blocked off completely! Unfortunately, I did not do the install so I can't elaborate on that, sorry.

I just ran 10.49 with my minimal mods and Jeremy is the reason for this car running so well!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts