Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy some Z28 Replica wheels and I am torn between the Falken FK510s and the Conti Extreme Contact Sport. I searched the forum and didn't find much on the Falkens. Anyone have any experience with them? I would be getting 255/35 and 295/30s. I am basically on stock power (just airaid and corsas).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I really, really like the Conti extremes

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I ran the FK510s in 285/35-18 on my track 350Z and they worked well, especially for the money. I plan on running them on the V for track days. I currently have the Extreme Contact DW on the V and have no complaints.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ran the FK510s in 285/35-18 on my track 350Z and they worked well, especially for the money. I plan on running them on the V for track days. I currently have the Extreme Contact DW on the V and have no complaints.
Yeah when I searched you're the only person I could find that posted their experience with the Falkens lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thunder, did you make a move on this decision? I have a buddy with a tire wholesale account who can get me the Falkens pretty cheap, but currently can't get the Conti's nor PS4's. Wondering if the cost savings is worth trying the FK510's.Have a trackday I'd like to attend in Oct...need to get my A/S's off before then.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I have tracked the Falkens on my 370Z race car and was meh with them.

Pros:
They last for an 8-hour endurance race with different drivers
Quiet
Predictable
Grip was OK
Price point

Con's
Wet weather grip is mediocre at best
For a 200 TW tire grip should be better
Have had some instances with 'chunking'

Conti's all the way over these (for the track) YMMV

Overall- it's not a bad tire, if the price point is the deciding factor by all means use them. If not there are other options.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks. Price isn't the driving factor, but I'm not in the "money is no object" position, etither. I'd be at $925 +/-, all in with the Falkens. Using Tire Rack, the Conti's would be $1320 delivered and then I still have to throw my buddy a few bucks to mount and balance. So that's creaping up on a $500 delta.

I'll edit to add, my gut is that's $500 worth spending, based on your notes.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Is this for tracking or street or both ?

Take a look into the Hancook Ventus line of tires. I have used them and Liked them WAY over Falken. Better grip and not a bad street/track tire. Won't last for 8 hours in an endurance race but plenty good for track days and street driving.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is this for tracking or street or both ?

Take a look into the Hancook Ventus line of tires. I have used them and Liked them WAY over Falken. Better grip and not a bad street/track tire. Won't last for 8 hours in an endurance race but plenty good for track days and street driving.
Both, for me. But it's a weekend toy that doesn't see a ton of miles, so fast wear is not a huge concern.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts