Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Extended warranty

8K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  nuge 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the Cadillac Platinum Plan the same as the GMEPP extended warranty? Todd Sutherland seems to be the go to guy for the GMEPP warranty. Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I found him on one of the extended warranty threads, but his email is todds@thompsonauto.net. I have a 2016 that had 21,856 miles last year, I extended the warranty by 5 years and 40,000 miles, to 62,856 (the first 1,000 miles isn't covered, I guess this is to prevent people with busted cars from buying the warranty and taking advantage of it). Cost was $1,313, but will likely be higher for higher mileage cars. Seemed like a no brainer. $0 deductible, and any GM dealership can enter the VIN and see the warranty. Have yet to use it, the car is pretty reliable.

#7 ·
Spoke to Todd today. Give Todd a call if interested @ 978-660-8045. Your case may vary, but his price blows anyway the dealer's Cadillac Platinum warranty. Todd quoted me 6yr/75000mi that was over $900 cheaper than my dealer's 5yr/70000 mi quote. Todd did say that it depends on your mileage.

#16 ·
Just make sure you complete the purchase before your bumper to bumper expires. I think that's part of the requirement to sell you the extended warranty. I'm contemplating the same thing. Since I have almost 2 years left on my bumper-to-bumper. But then the pricing is going to increase in the future as the car gets older and has more mileage.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I contacted Todd @ MacMulkin Cadillac and purchased my extended warranty per info provided in this post. Waiting for my doc's to arrive. Now just waiting the 30 days and 1000 miles to activate my coverage. Purchased 60/40k miles platinum coverage for $2204.00. Since my V is a garage queen this will cover me for the next 5 yrs for sure!!

Mike

#21 ·
I contacted Todd @ MacMulkin Cadillac and purchased my extended warranty per info provided in this post. Waiting for my doc's to arrive. Now just waiting the 30 days and 1000 miles to activate my coverage. Purchased 60/40k miles platinum coverage for $2204.00. Since my V is a garage queen this will cover me for the next 5 yrs for sure!!

Mike
What year and how many miles?

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.