Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Dropped mine off for an alignment this morning. Service advisor called and said he is having a new S/C overnighted for installation tomorrow....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Called my service rep this morning and 13313 does not apply to my 2014 wagon, since apparently it has the solid isolator.
Well that's fucking bullshit since the damn thing has sounded like a can of marbles since day 1. If the '14 has the 'fixed' supercharger I'd hate to hear what the old ones sound like.

·
Super Moderator
16,998 Posts
sounds like gm finally listened to us about the noise however they knew most of the people complaing about this have done some degree of mods at least 85 percent of us so they knew they were off the hook on those so they wont be replacing many. especially since we all have tunes and most have changed at least 1 of the pulleys. not to mention all the people who have had the solid isolator put in themselves. sounds like they have a plan but also sounds like there will be a lot of cts-v's out there over the next few years with bad superchargers and low resale value. just my .02
85% of us that mod on this forum is probably closer to 15% of total v's produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well this kinda' sucks: Mine had the bearing death squeal, and I took it to the dealership only to find out that I was only a couple of weeks out of warranty. So, I took the car home and ordered a new supercharger online for $2000. It is sitting in a box in my living room waiting for me to install it. Now, the new extended warranty info comes out. I guess I'll have to take the car in, let them replace the SC, and then sell my brand new SC on ebay or something.

·
Premium Member
17,596 Posts
Called my service rep this morning and 13313 does not apply to my 2014 wagon, since apparently it has the solid isolator.
Well that's fucking bullshit since the damn thing has sounded like a can of marbles since day 1. If the '14 has the 'fixed' supercharger I'd hate to hear what the old ones sound like.
You should challenge them really hard on this. SOME 2014 wagons produced in Jan and some of Feb do have the older part. New SC's with the solid isolator didn't start coming off the line until mid to late Feb.

Regardless of when you bought it, you need to find out when it was produced. If you have the rattle, you DEFINITELY have the old part. No question about it. Honestly I would THREATEN the dealer if they insist you have the new part. I would tell them you are going to file a complaint with GM and anyone else you can find that they are falsely denying you warranty covered. Contact the BBB, contact any oversight or watchdog group you can to file a complaint. If you apply enough pressure, it will be easier for them to address your issue than to deny you proper coverage and resolution.

Ask them point blank - if you have the new part, why does your car sound like it does? Anyway, find out when you car was built and give them some hard evidence. Tell them it is a FACT that cars produced early in 2014 were NOT given the updated iso. 99 times out of 99, people on this forum are better informed than the dealership...

·
Premium Member
17,596 Posts
Well this kinda' sucks: Mine had the bearing death squeal, and I took it to the dealership only to find out that I was only a couple of weeks out of warranty. So, I took the car home and ordered a new supercharger online for $2000. It is sitting in a box in my living room waiting for me to install it. Now, the new extended warranty info comes out. I guess I'll have to take the car in, let them replace the SC, and then sell my brand new SC on ebay or something.
Honestly I'd ask the dealer or GM to eat it. If you had to order a new part because of their oversight, they should make you whole. File a claim in small claims court...put some pressure on them somehow. Pay a lawyer $100 to send GM a demand letter. The deal is this: GM knew about this crap for YEARS. There is no excuse for making you pay for a new part when they should have honored your failure when you brought the car in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should challenge them really hard on this. SOME 2014 wagons produced in Jan and some of Feb do have the older part. New SC's with the solid isolator didn't start coming off the line until mid to late Feb.

Regardless of when you bought it, you need to find out when it was produced. If you have the rattle, you DEFINITELY have the old part. No question about it. Honestly I would THREATEN the dealer if they insist you have the new part. I would tell them you are going to file a complaint with GM and anyone else you can find that they are falsely denying you warranty covered. Contact the BBB, contact any oversight or watchdog group you can to file a complaint. If you apply enough pressure, it will be easier for them to address your issue than to deny you proper coverage and resolution.

Ask them point blank - if you have the new part, why does your car sound like it does? Anyway, find out when you car was built and give them some hard evidence. Tell them it is a FACT that cars produced early in 2014 were NOT given the updated iso. 99 times out of 99, people on this forum are better informed than the dealership...
My production date is March 19, 2014. So theoretically, it should have the new SC. I'm still going to take it in just to get it on record, if nothing else. Thanks for the tips, I'm to push for sure, but not threatening anyone quite yet ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
Read the document in the link below. It states you can seek reimbursement through your dealer.

·
Premium Member
17,596 Posts
This document really impresses me. They obviously are taking customer satisfaction seriously. The notations about making sure customers get courtesy transportation, that all reasonable reimbursements should be considered, and that any denials should be clearly and concisely explained to the customer in writing show me that they are setting expectations with the dealer that this is to be done right.

Maybe you guys see this differently, and a lot of us would say "it's about damn time!". But it does restore some of my faith in GM that they have published such a strongly worded bulletin to dealers that clearly state how to take care of and treat the customer.

One thing is for sure - my 2012 wagon, which will be sold pretty soon, is going to get the updated SC before I sell it to someone. There's no reason for GM not to take car of this car and it's too nice a vehicle to pass along the problem to someone else.

I'm not sure who dug this up or posted it first, but thanks to all the guys on here that helped surface this information for the benefit of all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bringing this old thread back to life. My recently purchased 2011 with 92k on it has a pretty bad rattle coming from the SC at idle and when you shut it down. Records state it was replaced by the dealer at 23k miles in Nov 2012 but looking at the tag on it it is still the original PN (12641755) not the newer one (19301022) as listed in the SB. Calling my local dealer tomorrow for an appointment...wish me luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bringing this old thread back to life. My recently purchased 2011 with 92k on it has a pretty bad rattle coming from the SC at idle and when you shut it down. Records state it was replaced by the dealer at 23k miles in Nov 2012 but looking at the tag on it it is still the original PN (12641755) not the newer one (19301022) as listed in the SB. Calling my local dealer tomorrow for an appointment...wish me luck.
New owner here, how can I determine my build date and what can I look for on my supercharger to determine it's status? It doesn't sound bad at idle, but makes a racket when I shut it off.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Build date means nothing. Per the SB the extended warranty starts the date it was first sold (put into service). You can look up that information (and all other car history) on CarFax.
There is a tag on the back of the SC with the GM part number. Original PN was 12641755. I was able to use my phone to take a picture of the tag.
Good luck!

Well dropped it off at 8:30 this morning and they just called me and told me that they are going to replace the SC and it will be ready to pickup on Monday afternoon. Looks like I found the right dealer.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts