Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,831 Posts
They don't have to give you parts back that are covered under warranty, only the parts that you pay for out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,729 Posts
About time, this is great for V owners, (not me I'm modded haha), but it's not looking good for gm.All of their recalls are getting hard to defend lately. Perhaps the 13 or so plants opening in china right after the bail out is a contributing factor.

·
Super Moderator
16,997 Posts
Eaton will be footing half the bill, Gm splits warrant charges 50-50 with supplier.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had mine swapped out 4 weeks ago and it still rattles....I will call the dealership to verify the part number used.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
All replacement supercharges get sent back to GM. No dealer scrap.
If the ECM is tuned, The complete powertrain warranty if voided.

·
Super Moderator
16,997 Posts
Hopefully there will be a lot of rebuilt supercharger on the market soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
am i wrong in thinking if we use a handheld such as trinity or diablo tuner they will put original file back in if we remove the tuner from the car. I had a srt8 and i could remove the tuner and go in for warranty work and they would not see the install and removal. any input will be great thanks

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
am i wrong in thinking if we use a handheld such as trinity or diablo tuner they will put original file back in if we remove the tuner from the car. I had a srt8 and i could remove the tuner and go in for warranty work and they would not see the install and removal. any input will be great thanks
Those tuners still have to flash the ECM, which leaves a detectable trail. The SRT8 guys probably didn't see tune removal because they didn't look for it.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I only need to check or show GM the calibration if I am replacing a complete engine or trans. It has not been an issue for replacing a part. That may change, But anytime I have replaced a supercharger I have not had to look at the tunes.

·
Super Moderator
16,997 Posts
I only need to check or show GM the calibration if I am replacing a complete engine or trans. It has not been an issue for replacing a part. That may change, But anytime I have replaced a supercharger I have not had to look at the tunes.
So the sc only needs to have a stock upper pulley?

·
Registered
41 Posts
sounds like gm finally listened to us about the noise however they knew most of the people complaing about this have done some degree of mods at least 85 percent of us so they knew they were off the hook on those so they wont be replacing many. especially since we all have tunes and most have changed at least 1 of the pulleys. not to mention all the people who have had the solid isolator put in themselves. sounds like they have a plan but also sounds like there will be a lot of cts-v's out there over the next few years with bad superchargers and low resale value. just my .02

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Just got my car back, took it in for oil change and a "noisy supercharger." I gave them a print out of the first post and they replaced the supercharger with p/n 19303635. Also let me with the following info sheet printed out which states it has the solid isolator.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So the sc only needs to have a stock upper pulley?

I would have no reason to check for a tune for a supercharger replacement. If it had a different pulley on it, I could not replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would have no reason to check for a tune for a supercharger replacement. If it had a different pulley on it, I could not replace it under warranty.
Having a lower pulley/harmonic balancer you would red flag and not replace?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm a little confused by all the excitement here. In the beginning of this post, it only loos like the SC warranty is extended from 5years/60K to 10years/120K. Does this mean that they will recall ALL V-2s, install a new SC, and THEN the clock restarts? I had a new SC installed last October, and still have a slight rattle at times, so it must be the old spring-loaded isolator then. The SC part number was 19301022.

·
Dick Pickles
5,749 Posts
I wonder if I walk in with a blower that has a spring isolator, if I can get a one for one blower swap? ;)

·
Good times
3,433 Posts
I'm a little confused by all the excitement here. In the beginning of this post, it only loos like the SC warranty is extended from 5years/60K to 10years/120K. Does this mean that they will recall ALL V-2s, install a new SC, and THEN the clock restarts? I had a new SC installed last October, and still have a slight rattle at times, so it must be the old spring-loaded isolator then. The SC part number was 19301022.
See below.
NO, That is incorrect. It will be 10 years 120k miles from the in service date. It will still have to have the noise that they are looking for-If they say it is normal then no repairs will be performed. It is just a warranty extension.

Special Coverage AdjustmentThis special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts