Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i talked with the HQ today and they said it's a new SC + 10 more years of warranty from the point of replace. so basically, it's a recall + 10 year warranty extension. now we all have 10 + @ years warranty on our SC only if it's no modded. F**K!!!

however i like the attitude that they are doing this. this will cost them huge money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO, That is incorrect. It will be 10 years 120k miles from the in service date. It will still have to have the noise that they are looking for-If they say it is normal then no repairs will be performed. It is just a warranty extension.

Special Coverage AdjustmentThis special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mine has had this noise for years I cant wait to get it replaced. I also would tell everyone if you have lower pulleys I would put stock back on before you try to get it warrantied. I am planning for a long drawn out battle with my dealer buy perhaps they will surprise me. Someone posted that they will be sending out letters to owners this month would it be original owners would they have a detailed list of current owners I just want to get this replaced I am tired of the marbles...

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
The only thing different I have seen internally on these "new" blowers is the iso.
They should have just put a ZL1 Lid on them and been done with it... ;)

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Newest blower part number is 19303635 and I just ordered one. I'll let y'all know Wednesday what isolator is in it. FYI the part number is on the back somewhere. Should give you a better idea of what you have.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Appt tomorrow for oil change, couple minor issues that will get laughed at, and I'm bringing a print out of the first post. I'll let you guys know what happens. My s/c has 38k on it, why not have it replaced for free.

Reactions: baabootoo

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had the death howl last fall and got a new s/c then, you think this new part number is even newer than that?
if you got it replaced last fall, it should still have spring iso. SCs with solid iso has been released from early this year under a part number 19301022. dont know why they changed the PN again. hopefully other upgrades made.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just heard mine rattle once at idle at 15.5k miles but not in another 2k miles either. I'm holding out for more rattles or more details. Definitely interested in updates though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It will still have to have the noise that they are looking for-If they say it is normal then no repairs will be performed. It is just a warranty extension.
True. but reality point of view, its the same because whether it's loud or not all SCs with spring Iso does sound. They basically admitted that the spring Iso may lead to SC failure and it doesnt make sense if some cant get new SCs which have different looking part inside.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Yeah, and I'm pissed I didn't get to bang in the 2 pc rotor gangbang!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Spoke to my dealer last week when I was picking up the car. Apparently GM engineers are requesting dates out of the ECU to verify cal flash for all power train repairs. So even if you demod and reflash they can see the date of the cal change back to stock. His words to me was get a separate ECU and play on that. Come in with the stocker when you have an issue. Just thought I would put this out there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Spoke to my dealer last week when I was picking up the car. Apparently GM engineers are requesting dates out of the ECU to verify cal flash for all power train repairs. So even if you demod and reflash they can see the date of the cal change back to stock. His words to me was get a separate ECU and play on that. Come in with the stocker when you have an issue. Just thought I would put this out there.
With this being said, ECU reflash could be for intake and exhaust and not necessarily proving a SC modification? Am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
With this being said, ECU reflash could be for intake and exhaust and not necessarily proving a SC modification? Am I wrong?

Yes! You have to look at a reflash as a seperate mod that dealers do not allow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes! You have to look at a reflash as a seperate mod that dealers do not allow.
The dealer told me they have pulled code flash data for cars coming in with rear main seal leaks (which is what mine was in for) apparently they have updated the seal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was under the impression mods could be proven as separate entities. ie air intake couldn't possibly cause a supercharger failure and could be proven.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
What about if you bought your car used? How is a customer supposed to know if the car they bought was modded or then demodded with ECU flashes? Is there a time stamp on the flashing? I'm sure the guy I bought mine from never touched it but I could try and claim that.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
What about if you bought your car used? How is a customer supposed to know if the car they bought was modded or then demodded with ECU flashes? Is there a time stamp on the flashing? I'm sure the guy I bought mine from never touched it but I could try and claim that.
Also, what are they going to do with the old superchargers? Remember when they would give you your parts back after service?

On a side note, maybe GM is doing this to get ahead of any deaths(lol) caused by a seizing supercharger.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts