Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#13313: Special Coverage Adjustment - Supercharger Warranty Extension - (May 22, 2014)
Subject: 13313 – Special Coverage Adjustment – Supercharger Warranty Extension

Models: 2009-2013 Cadillac CTS
2012-2013 Chevrolet Camaro
Equipped with 6.2L V8 Engine (LSA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConditionSome 2009-2013 model year Cadillac CTS and 2012-2013 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, equipped with a 6.2L V8 engine (LSA), may have a condition where the engine’s supercharger may not function as designed. If this were to happen, the supercharger may develop a noticeable rattle noise at idle. The noise will typically go away when the engine RPM is raised slightly above idle. However, if left uncorrected, the problem, over time, may lead to contamination of the lubricating grease and cause the bearing to squeal. If left unaddressed, the bearing may overheat and can cause engine seizure or a no-start condition.

Special Coverage AdjustmentThis special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the supercharger. This repair will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after May 23, 2014, are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to May 23, 2014, must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles InvolvedAll involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,321 Posts
this is going to be as big of a gang bang as the 2pc rotors to fix the clicking wheels LOL! you guys better bang away now before this gets changed!

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Mine rattles some and ate some nasty grooves in the shaft but I think my dealership would just laugh at me and call me a cunt if I rolled in with the cam chop and other obvious mods. So much for my CPO warranty lol.

I wonder if they changed the blower at all other than the solid isolator.

·
Registered
449 Posts
this is awesome. also went to the dealership today and got confirmed that an even newer SC part number is released. (don't know the PN but it's newer than 19301022) I hope the newest SC has 100% solid couplers while the 19301022 were mixed. I'm getting it replaced soon and will let ya guys know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
i have warranty left but what happens if the warranty is expired? Still able to get this extention?

·
Dick Pickles
5,749 Posts
I'm glad GM finally owned up.

But, it's a $50 dollar part that is causing this issue. So sad.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Yup, a teeny $50 part is leading to this. We, the owners knew this 5 years ago. Nice to get a new SC, but with the right tools and said part, it's cheaper....but I'm a doctor, not a GM bean counter, so what do I know?

Nice to know I now have an extended warranty on my new SC. That's a big deal to me as I'm not planning on selling this car except under duress.

BTW I didn't have the rattle before my bearings started their death howl. Thankfully, I got it to the dealer before the engine seized up. No issues whatsoever on the new SC and in fact am about to embark on a 4k mile road trip in the wagon in two weeks.

·
Premium Member
17,588 Posts
Well my 2014 wagon came with the new gear and it sounds fine. Which is good because it's modded to hell!

But I still own the 2012 wagon until I resolve all the diminished value claim stuff. I'm going to take it in and push for the swap so that whoever gets it next doesn't have to deal with it. It definitely has rattle, especially at idle and shutoff. And I know if should be swapped out. We'll see what they do - I'll be taking your information above in with me. Thanks for posting that! I'll post up whatever action happens on the forum...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mine rattles some and ate some nasty grooves in the shaft but I think my dealership would just laugh at me and call me a cunt if I rolled in with the cam chop and other obvious mods. So much for my CPO warranty lol.

I wonder if they changed the blower at all other than the solid isolator.
Yes they will replace the whole SC. not only the isolator. it's written above.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I got a new blower this week. Have videos of the noise if someone wants to host.

I don't know if I got a solid isolator, but the boost is faster and smoother. Old Supercharger may not have been functioning properly and not just a noise though.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I can't see GM changing anything internally on the blower. So the new part number must be for the different isolator that is part of the assembly?

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Put in a Heartbeat or a KB3.6 and call it a day. Screw em'.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a new blower this week. Have videos of the noise if someone wants to host.

I don't know if I got a solid isolator, but the boost is faster and smoother. Old Supercharger may not have been functioning properly and not just a noise though.
I'd love to hear your noise, [email protected] either upload it to Google drive and share it with me or YouTube upload and send the link please.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
If I have lower 9.55 pulley do you think I should put stock back on or you think they'll care?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Gotta say GM appears to have stepped up on this one.....took awhile though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
After installing my catch can, I was checking all of my connections and listening for leaks and could hear an erratic (maybe every 5-6 seconds) rattle coming from the supercharger area. Is this the rattle that is being described here?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Where can somebody find the part number for the supercharger. I have a 2014 model and would like to make sure my chit has the newer blower

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Do we just print this off and show the dealer? I just had my car in last week and they declined service because it was a "known" SC rattle and said they all did it. Now they realize it could lead to more they should fix it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i talked with the HQ today and they said it's a new SC + 10 more years of warranty from the point of replace. so basically, it's a recall + 10 year warranty extension. now we all have 10 + @ years warranty on our SC only if it's no modded. F**K!!!

however i like the attitude that they are doing this. this will cost them huge money.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Do we just print this off and show the dealer? I just had my car in last week and they declined service because it was a "known" SC rattle and said they all did it. Now they realize it could lead to more they should fix it.
they will send out a letter to all V owners starting from 30th May

1 - 20 of 74 Posts