Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about this along with other upgrades.

My biggest complaint with aftermarket exhausts is the drone at speed.

My experience has been that every time I have done this, there is some level of drone. I hate the drone and would especially hat it in a Cadillac.

The only exception to my experience is with our Mustang. We purchased it used and it had a “Ford Racing” exhaust. I don’t know the specific model of the exhaust but in my experience it is perfect.

Great bark at start up. Nice burble at idle and will roar if you put your foot in it, but no drone at speed.

I heard that Corsa is probably best.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
The Corsa Sport is drone free, as are the stock mufflers. I would suggest you start with headers to offroad x-pipe to the stock coupe muffler first. That is the most popular combination for those looking for a loud exhaust. If that is not loud enough then look towards the Corsa's but know that the Corsa's will double the noise. It's like running straight pipes without the drone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love my borla catback. Drone free. And full catback whereas the Corsa is just the mufflers . And cheaper. Sounds great. Tamer than corsa sport

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Billy Boat Exhaust

·
Registered
120 Posts
��...I had fitment issues and qc issues with B.B. test pipes. One of the only things I put on the v and didn’t feel good about. -air raid intake as well, real POS with truly shit fitment.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My setup is AR headers
No cats but rear cats still on ,with the crimp under the driver sorted to a nice round pipe .
No x pipe
Going to stock coupe muffler at the back
Sound is just what I wanted
Nice deep rumble note at startup , as you cruise no drone and a nice quiet note
Wot is high pitch sound kind like a bike
I like it

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
5 years in, somebody is getting bored
A little. Actually four. I bought the car in 2013 with 9,800 Miles. Also CPO warranty is ending.

Doing more than just the exhaust though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the Borla S on my Sedan and love it. No drone at all but could be a touch louder for my taste.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
You know that I have a wagon. I installed Stainless Works. It has the 2200 rpm drone so I have to drive in either 5th gear or too fast for the speed limit. It does sound sweet, however, especially when I let off and it gurgles wonderfully.

As most guys have said, and if I were to do it over, I would install the headers to a stock exhaust. Take out the crimped pipe portion, too.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've been driving loud cars since i was a teenager, pushing mid 40's now and still love a loud mean exhaust. When I had headers to catless X to stock mufflers I had a lot more cars willing to race me. Lots of Challengers and pony boys, most of whom never stood a chance but were willing to take a stab at the V. Probably wanted to gauge where they stood or to have some fun.

After I put the Corsa's on there I found a lot less cars willing to play. Never understood why people get intimidated by loud exhaust, it's the quiet ones that worry me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I run test pipes into a xpipe with 22" magnaflow resonators and straight pipe the rest of the way its suprisingly quiet has just enough bark at idle and when your in it and it literally has like no drone!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts