Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
901 - 915 of 915 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yeah. Mostly recovered at this point. But it was about 1.5 weeks of fucking hell. Never developed any symptoms except a high fever. Which was between 101 and 102 for most of a full week, with a few higher panic-inducing spikes in to the high 102 range. So I spent every day in a haze, feeling like I'd been on an all-night binge and had just regained consciousness in a damp alley someplace.

Got the Paxlovid antiviral stuff, which I have to believe helped, though of course I have no way to tell. My wife, who is the one who brought the virus home, is high risk and was able to get antibody treatment as soon as she tested positive (which was two days after she started showing symptoms), which worked overnight, and so she was really sick, literally, for only about 2 days.

·
Premium Member
17,571 Posts
Yeah. Mostly recovered at this point. But it was about 1.5 weeks of fucking hell. Never developed any symptoms except a high fever. Which was between 101 and 102 for most of a full week, with a few higher panic-inducing spikes in to the high 102 range. So I spent every day in a haze, feeling like I'd been on an all-night binge and had just regained consciousness in a damp alley someplace.

Got the Paxlovid antiviral stuff, which I have to believe helped, though of course I have no way to tell. My wife, who is the one who brought the virus home, is high risk and was able to get antibody treatment as soon as she tested positive (which was two days after she started showing symptoms), which worked overnight, and so she was really sick, literally, for only about 2 days.
Glad you're on the upside. Wild how we all act differently.

I'm immuno-compromised also due to a complicated history, so I tend to get sicker than anyone else in my family.

The regular flu? Even with vaccines, it would put me in a similar funk for a week. Every. Year.

I got COVID last year (ironically from my quarantined elderly mother who finally invited us over for dinner before getting symptoms literally as she served food)...

I had 102*F Temps for 36 hours then boom, nothing. Back to normal.

Health nut wife just had mild shoulder pain for a few days, blamed it on workouts until Mom was resting positive.

Kids? Zero symptoms.

The older parents had symptoms similar to yours, but in my personal experience- I'd rather have COVID than the regular flu any day of the week!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
22,599 Posts
I don’t know if I mentioned it elsewhere, but I got Covid right at Christmas last year. I had flu like symptoms for a few days, I would say it was on the milder side of the spectrum perhaps.

About three weeks after initial symptoms I got intense pain in my upper right arm and shoulder area, so much so that I couldn’t sleep much at all, it was quite bad. After over two weeks, I had a hard time getting appointment to see a doctor, I started popping Aleve which seem to help.

Basically, after an x-ray (required by insurance), an MRI, which prove negative, and a nerve conductive study, a nerve in my shoulder, apparently decided to shut off due to a rare occurrence with Covid. It caused a muscle in my rotator cuff to atrophy.

I can’t lift a 1 gallon jug of milk into my refrigerator without me moving my elbow out to the side to subconsciously compensate for this muscle not working.

It has caused a lot of problems with golfing, and at first it was causing me issues with throwing a baseball, but that resolved pretty quickly. My golf swing is still nowhere near what it was, and this has caused me to not want to play very often, it’s been too upsetting.

The muscle recovery is very slow, I was doing physical therapy for about four or five months, and I finally gave up on that and just figured it would come overtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,571 Posts
First world problems - where a bunch of old men complain about how illnesses affect their golf game!

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
First world problems - where a bunch of old men complain about how illnesses affect their golf game!

Or have nothing else left to do, except discuss how they shave..😉

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
I’m surprised that thread hasn’t delved into a shorn scrotum discussion, yet.

Jesse likes to work the crowd.
He’s simply starting at the top, and working his way down…

Can anybody tell me where all the good tech forums went… Lol

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Had it right after the new year, me and the Mrs., at the same time. We both had no appetite she had a fever, I had joint pain in my hands that I wanted to saw them off, after 3 days back to normal after 7 days the appetite came back. Slept quite a bit and lost 8lnbs, she lost about the same.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think it caught up with me Friday evening.
I felt like rat shit, no coughing but I could just sit in place and I would start sweating.
5 showers in two days, wash the bedding (maybe twice) and lost about 5 lbs.
I have an oxygen tank and I hit that thing a few times for about 10 minutes or more @ sitting.
I could not lay in a position where my hips didn't hurt.
BLAH!

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I don’t know if I mentioned it elsewhere, but I got Covid right at Christmas last year. I had flu like symptoms for a few days, I would say it was on the milder side of the spectrum perhaps.

About three weeks after initial symptoms I got intense pain in my upper right arm and shoulder area, so much so that I couldn’t sleep much at all, it was quite bad. After over two weeks, I had a hard time getting appointment to see a doctor, I started popping Aleve which seem to help.

Basically, after an x-ray (required by insurance), an MRI, which prove negative, and a nerve conductive study, a nerve in my shoulder, apparently decided to shut off due to a rare occurrence with Covid. It caused a muscle in my rotator cuff to atrophy.

I can’t lift a 1 gallon jug of milk into my refrigerator without me moving my elbow out to the side to subconsciously compensate for this muscle not working.

It has caused a lot of problems with golfing, and at first it was causing me issues with throwing a baseball, but that resolved pretty quickly. My golf swing is still nowhere near what it was, and this has caused me to not want to play very often, it’s been too upsetting.

The muscle recovery is very slow, I was doing physical therapy for about four or five months, and I finally gave up on that and just figured it would come overtime.

Damn that is crazy!

901 - 915 of 915 Posts