Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree 100%!! That is probably one of the things I love most about the V, especially the coupe. You see very few on the road and unless you are a car enthusiast you don't even know what a V is. When you go WOT people are like what just happened, that was an old guy Cadillac? I still have picture on my phone of a stranger's V coupe sitting in a parking lot because I thought it was beautiful and dreamed of owning one some day. I don't have any pics of Teslas, lol. It is a nice looking car but does not have the same appeal. Everywhere I go I have people come up to me to compliment the car and ask questions about it's performance, especially when clean and polished which is nearly impossible to sustain with Raven Black. Technology will progress and there are faster cars for a lot more money but everyone on this site knows this is one of the most amazing cars you can own at this cost. With a few mods and the wealth of knowledge on this site, this car is a beast that can keep up or pass it's competitors.
Nobody in my town has any idea what my V coupe is. I like it that way, lots of unsuspecting mustangs. I have tons of pics of V’s from before I owned one, always been a dream car of mine.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I already have plans for my V.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
I've given thought about doing this with a body shop and take it on tour. Just don't think there would be enough recognition outside of the V world to get booked at events.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
OLD refrigerators are sitting in garages keeping beer cold since 1960, new fridge lucky to get 10 years out of
That is so funny! I have a beer fridge that I got for free that is 30 years old and works perfect, beer is always perfectly cold. I have done repairs multiple times on our expensive refrigerator and upright freeze to extend their life but will have to replace soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
OLD refrigerators are sitting in garages keeping beer cold since 1960, new fridge lucky to get 10 years out of

Perfect....

Our V's are in many ways living breathing machines that speak to our primal side while EV's are basically appliances.

Reactions: nsaness and RobF300

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Seems like artificial turf vs natural turf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much everyone for the responses, I admit my ignorance about the EVs and trying to get more educated. My intent is not to beat on new technology but understand how it relates to the long history of muscle cars and tuning. If you are at the strip and make a run in a top of the line Tesla or other EV and barely lose, is there any mod or tuning at all that you can do between heats, especially if they have launch control and AWD? Is there anything the driver can do to effect the outcome since there are no shift points? The only thing I can see is changing tires and ratios, otherwise you have the car you bought that will run the exact same times as every other buyer of that model. Do owners have the ability to make computer control changes via laptop on the fly that effect the speed? Is there an aftermarket for more efficient motors or anything that makes the car quicker? I am very truly curious!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Thank you so much everyone for the responses, I admit my ignorance about the EVs and trying to get more educated. My intent is not to beat on new technology but understand how it relates to the long history of muscle cars and tuning. If you are at the strip and make a run in a top of the line Tesla or other EV and barely lose, is there any mod or tuning at all that you can do between heats, especially if they have launch control and AWD? Is there anything the driver can do to effect the outcome since there are no shift points? The only thing I can see is changing tires and ratios, otherwise you have the car you bought that will run the exact same times as every other buyer of that model. Do owners have the ability to make computer control changes via laptop on the fly that effect the speed? Is there an aftermarket for more efficient motors or anything that makes the car quicker? I am very truly curious!
I have enough knowledge and money to void ICE (manufacturers) warranties; but I do NOT have the balls to do that by “tuning” an EV. We have so much to learn about EVs, and I am not ready to learn it all on my dime...

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
i keep having that flashback in my head when Paul from OCC spun that electric thing they built for the biker build off lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 83 years old. My daily driver is a 2011 V coupe 6 speed manual with a Lingenfelder pulley and tune. It has 152,045 miles on the clock. I have replaced brake pads and clutch once.It drives the same as new.It also has DMH electric cut outs.It makes 602 to the wheels at 15 Lbs boost. I change my Moblil One oil at 5000 miles and it uses about 1/4 of a quart.I replaced the gold seat and door panel inserts with Ferrari red leather.
It shares my garage with a black 06 Mustang supercharged by Saleen. It's a 6 speed manual with McCloud RST twin disc clutch. It has a full air suspension from Air Lift Corp.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I am waiting for the hacks to start "overclocking" EV's like computers.

One thing I see is the use of Super Capacitors to either replace or supplement the battery.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am 83 years old. My daily driver is a 2011 V coupe 6 speed manual with a Lingenfelder pulley and tune. It has 152,045 miles on the clock. I have replaced brake pads and clutch once.It drives the same as new.It also has DMH electric cut outs.It makes 602 to the wheels at 15 Lbs boost. I change my Moblil One oil at 5000 miles and it uses about 1/4 of a quart.I replaced the gold seat and door panel inserts with Ferrari red leather.
It shares my garage with a black 06 Mustang supercharged by Saleen. It's a 6 speed manual with McCloud RST twin disc clutch. It has a full air suspension from Air Lift Corp.
Nice! Any supporting mods to get that 602? Also pics.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
i like the analogy of robot sex doll vs wild hooker with some booger sugar. Yes they both get you to the end result and are fun , but one has more character , flaws and is not great for you but if your after A to B or a dam good time is what it comes down to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I would have to believe that some level of modification and performance enhancing options must be on the horizon, but from what I understand there are not any currently. I can't comprehend that any major auto/motorcycle company would completely alienate all the aftermarket companies that support their vehicles much less their own accessories/upgrade department. I've rode Harleys for 35+ years, they make more from accessories, performance upgrades, and clothing and marketing than the bikes themselves. As we all know on this forum, performance upgrades is a huge market that employs a lot of people and keeps it fun. There would really be no need for the performance section if you can't make different levels of mods, whether you do them yourself or have them done at a respected shop.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts