Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

301 - 320 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Fast vehicle powered by electricity = not cool.
I don't think anyone said this.

I'm not as impressed when some person (grandma above) bought the Tesla and thinks she's a driver.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Everyone complaining that anyone can run an EV quick down the strip better have three pedals in their car. If not, we need a new thread - “Autos are faster, our world has changed.”

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Everyone complaining that anyone can run an EV quick down the strip better have three pedals in their car. If not, we need a new thread - “Autos are faster, our world has changed.”
That's exactly my point. This is literally just the auto vs manual debate taken to its logical conclusion (where a car can drive itself down the track).

And yes I have 2 manual transmission cars right now and I always will have at least one.

Reactions: BV_Mully

·
Premium Member
3,816 Posts
With no knowledge of how it happens, she beats you off at the line, all while you are working your ICE off to keep it straight.

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
This belongs in the WTF thread, only because of the mention of a grandmother. 😏

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
168 Posts
All right, enough with this beating a dead horse. Let's hi-jack this thread and start a new discussion about something important.

Which sounds better, vinyl, cd's, or mp3's?

:unsure: :LOL:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
The new autos are faster, there is really no debate on that topic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
I would add that you are correct though, driving a manual is much more driver engaged and my preference. With today's muscle cars and technology you will lose most races with a manual but it is fun as hell working the gears and torque. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you drive if it makes you happy when you drive it. I may be old school but respect the hell out of what these vehicles are able to achieve, I'm just not there yet. I'm still using an I-Phone 6, lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
But I’ve been hitting the seated rows, dumbbell bench, and legs presses at the gym. Surely that accounts for something?

...At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you drive if it makes you happy when you drive it...
What if I told you I drive a Aztek? Would that change this statement or would you just think I was simple?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Reactions: Unavowed

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Reactions: Unavowed

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
All right, enough with this beating a dead horse. Let's hi-jack this thread and start a new discussion about something important.

Which sounds better, vinyl, cd's, or mp3's?

:unsure: :LOL:
Wax cylinder

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #320 ·
Not sure I understand the working out references but pics of hot chicks working out always win. The evolution of the automatic transmission has been slow and has only in recent years with cars higher in HP and Torque than ever before seen surpassed the manual. Dual clutch paddle shifters is relatively new and until VERY recently only offered in very high end/expensive cars. We all know that the the paddle shifters in the V are not in the same class, permission to shift not instant shift, it is what it is. The suggestion that manual/auto transmission is equivalent to ICE vs EV is ridiculous. Manual/auto are using the same engine, you still have a chance to prove yourself better than than the auto, the EVS are a totally new platform with no need for shifts, straight line acceleration. In a pure drag race I think they will win every time, I am more interested in track performance and endurance. To me it is more like comparing the steam engine to the gasoline engine.

301 - 320 of 451 Posts